Thread: RT Seat help

Spyder Garage

Default RT Seat help

Took my seat off and thought the reinstall went well. The latch didnt line up so I adjusted it. Se the seat down and now it wont release. Not sure how to get it loose to lift it up. Help!

Spyder Garage

Press down firmly on the front at the same time you activate the release. The latch mechanism is probably a bit too tight with the new seat. Once you get it opened, just make an adjustment to the stud on the seat so that it doesn't latch so snugly.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

1. Try pushing down HARD on the seat, while turning the key...
    If that doesn't do it:
    2. Try wiggling the sear fore and aft, and then side to side; while turning the key
    If that doesn't work
    get a small flashlight, a ruler, and a wire coat hanger...
    Another set of eyeballs and hands wouldn't hurt either!
    Pry the right-hand side seat extension away from the "tank", and put the beam from the flashlight down into the abyss: looking to the rear...
    You should be able to see the latcg.
    Use the coat hanger to pull it forward, or the ruler to push it rearward

Some combination of all of this should loosen it up: Good Luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

turn the key to release and hold it while pushing down on the set
    also try to wiggle the seat that's what I had to do when I got the seat too far back.
    Good luck
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

When you get it open again,loosen the rear seat mount just a little and move the seat around until it unlatches easily. You can tighten it down with the seat closed from the rear of the. In fact you could loosen it now and move the seat until you can open it.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not sure how but I had the seat up while working on light installation. I finished and lowered the seat and latched it. Now when I want to pop it up it doesn't. I think it got tweaked and I found that if I unlock it with the key and hold the left front part of the seat to keep it up then nudge the seat left/right and it will pop up. I've tried pushing the seat to either side when up and I guess it takes a certain alignment to get it to pop up like normal. Hope this helps. I want to put a gas door on soon! Just need to figure out what door to get as the Ford one is smaller than others.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    Not sure how but I had the seat up while working on light installation. I finished and lowered the seat and latched it. Now when I want to pop it up it doesn't. I think it got tweaked and I found that if I unlock it with the key and hold the left front part of the seat to keep it up then nudge the seat left/right and it will pop up. I've tried pushing the seat to either side when up and I guess it takes a certain alignment to get it to pop up like normal. Hope this helps. I want to put a gas door on soon! Just need to figure out what door to get as the Ford one is smaller than others.
    Look up a fellow here called Blueknight 911. He has put several gas ports in on the seats, he can tell you the parts and the tricks for ease of installation.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate