Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the update and glad you're on the mend. The delay in your response obviously had a bunch of us wondering about your condition. God Speed in your recovery.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Default Glad you are ok

I am so glad you are ok. Mr. Cognac is exactly the same color as my 2014.

Spyder Garage

Good to hear you are ok and have replaced Mr. Cognac! Ride safe!

Spyder Garage

"You ask, What did your wife of 59 years say.....?? She said she was sorry I crashed Mr. Cognac and could not get a red 2018 but she will have it painted red for my 86th birthday. Ya can't beat that! Pics soon"

That is an offer too good to refuse. Get well soon,and happy riding.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

George,
    I'm glad that you're such a tough old bird...
    I'm just sorry that this is how we had to find out about it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Glad your ok George. It could have been much worse. Wife sounds like a good one! Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Always hard to hear about someone crashing, and really hard when you don't hear from them in a while. But really glad that you escaped without too many injuries. Glad you are still here. Prayers out for a full recovery.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I really appreciate all of my Spyder friends giving me their best wishes. I plan on going over to Coyote Motorsports close to my home and see how Mr. White is coming along. My tech is moving some of the accessories from Mr. Cognac to Mr. White. I plan on riding Mr. White with my group, The Hill Country Road Riders, this Saturday. I am still a little sore in the lower back area along with some road rash bandages but otherwise "85 and still alive". Later, my Spyder friends.

Someone please remind me the best way to post photos. It has been a long time and I have forgotten. Thanks.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

To post pictures: start a post , then cursor down just under where the Submit Reply and Preview Post buttons are, You will see additional options. Go to Attachments and click on Manage Attachments, a new window opens, click on the green button on upper right ADD FILES. Click choose files and go to where you have the pic saved on your computer and click on it.

Glad U R healing. So will Mr. White become Mr. Red ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cognac View Post
    I really appreciate all of my Spyder friends giving me their best wishes. I plan on going over to Coyote Motorsports close to my home and see how Mr. White is coming along. My tech is moving some of the accessories from Mr. Cognac to Mr. White. I plan on riding Mr. White with my group, The Hill Country Road Riders, this Saturday. I am still a little sore in the lower back area along with some road rash bandages but otherwise "85 and still alive". Later, my Spyder friends.

Someone please remind me the best way to post photos. It has been a long time and I have forgotten. Thanks.

Current: "Scarlett", 2017 Can Am F3-T, SE6, Intense Red Pearl.
    BRP heated grips, DIY brake light strip and turn signal strips, Chrome/LED brake light tag frame, SpyderPops bumpskid, Baja Ron swaybar and billet links, Lamonster Third Peg, BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest, SpyderPops Missing Belt Guard, ShowChrome oversize brake pedal, TricLED foglights.

Previous: "Synthia", 2014 Can Am Spyder RT, SM6, Pearl White.

Spyder Garage

It is even easier then that.In the post window look for the paperclip in the top line of functions in the upper left corner. Click on that and follow the prompts. It is just like any email you ever sent to the Grand/great grand kids.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Did the frame get bent to cause it to be considered totaled?

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the photo posting help. Yes, the frame was bent. Lots of plastic and one radiator plus other "stuff" did not do well. Windscreen broken off as I went flying over the handle bars.....ugh. Fronk area trashed.... just a mess.... I went over to the dealer yesterday to check on Mr. White and they had picked up Mr. Cognac and he is gone..... he was a good scoot. RIP Mr. Cognac.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    You had me scared. Hope you are doing much better than the
    Me, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cognac View Post
    I am okay. Lots of road rash but no broken bones and head is okay due to helmet. Ten of us were on our usual Saturday ride in a line. I was bring up the rear with my CB talking to the lead as usual. Two cars got between me and my friend in front of me. The lead turned and slowed down, my buddy turned but had to stop and I could not see him due to the cars in front of me. I started my turn, running 10-15 mph, the cars went straight and I was on him too quickly. Mr. Cognac hit him, totaled Cognac but his F3 is repairable. I have been riding with him for 25 years. He took it well. Fourteen of us had breakfast yesterday, they rode, I drove.

I went off head first, hitting the pavement face first. My helmet saved me!! I did drive my glasses into my forehead with 11 stitches, road rash on left arm and hand even though I had my protective jacket on. I am getting better each day although still sore in places.

I went over to my dealer, Coyote Powersports of Boerne, TX to see Mr. Cognac and see what they had in the way of replacement scoots. This was last Tuesday, the 13th. Immediate problems came up. He had many 2018 RT-L but NO RED!! Then the tech said NO CBs FOR 18's, ie. no CB harness available. The dealer, a friend, said I only have a 2017 RT-S left. It is white and we can transfer your CB, GPS etc to it and I will give you all rebates and my cost. SOLD. I think I saved about $6K and that buys a lot of gas and insurance. Oh, Progressive treated me right, scoot, helmet, jacket, etc. I will pick up Mr. White this week after the tech puts the junk on him. I am happy with Mr. White which I hope is my last scoot.

You ask, What did your wife of 59 years say.....?? She said she was sorry I crashed Mr. Cognac and could not get a red 2018 but she will have it painted red for my 86th birthday. Ya can't beat that! Pics soon.

Oh, I have my Wing to ride but my left hand is buggered up some and I can't clutch real well yet. Thanks to all you Spyders wishing me well. George
    I'm glad you'll be OK, George. So Mr. White will become Mr. Red? Are you going to change your handle?
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Damn assuming I make it to 85 I hope I have as much life in me as you do!
    2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Got Mr. White Friday and went the Saturday breakfast ride with The Hill Country Road Riders, putting on 160 miles. I was a little sore but enjoyed being out with my group. I have been riding with some of these guy 25 years or more. In 1997 a few got together to form the group. They came up with the name and elected a "Group Leader". They said they did not want a "president". They elected me, I was not running for the job and they said I was elected and was their Group Leader. I put out a monthly ride schedule, you know, where we are going, departure time and place to meet. We meet at 0930 during CST and 0830 DST, ride about 70-100 miles to a cafe, eat then each goes their separate way depending on their Saturday schedule. I also put out a monthly newsletter recounting the rides and who went. We ask for a $5 per year donation and each member must sign a ride release so none of us are responsible for their safety or expenses. We have two attorney members who wrote the release. Each year in my Oct. Nov. and Dec. newsletters I offer the job to anyone who would like to take it. In the past, two took it and they lasted about six months each.

The HCRR is the only group I know that pays you to ride. Once in a while I give each rider a $5 bill toward their morning meal. This is unannounced and I tell no one when I will do it. This is a fun group and we get along very well. To join our group, you must be recommended by a present member. That member is responsible for your actions and if unacceptable, tells you to find another group to ride with. It works well and we have had little turnover. Once or twice a year we have a group trip, open to any member. The troops like to go to Big Bend National Park, New Mexico and Colorado.

I am trying to delete Mr. Cognac's photo and replace it with Mr. White. I find the photo and click delete and nothing happens. I ain't too good at this computer thing...

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

George,
    Why not do what I did: Keep ALL of your recent rides in the signature picture...
    Can I join the HCRR?
    PM me with an address, and I'll send the money!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    George,
    Why not do what I did: Keep ALL of your recent rides in the signature picture...
    Can I join the HCRR?
    PM me with an address, and I'll send the money!
    ​PM sent

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Spyder Garage

I so happy you're doing alright! Your original post gave me a fright!