Thread: Oops!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I told you so.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 03-14-2018 at 09:48 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

In just the last two or three weeks we've had at least two teachers with guns that were less than stellar incidents as well as a cop in a classroom who had a young student reach into his holster and fire his gun.

Really bodes well for guns in schools!
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

Sorry, but this bodes well for certain people should not play with guns, especially cops who think they are immune to NDs because they are well trained. It's not only in schools.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

it's not a problem that teachers have guns it's a problem when the stupid have them

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    it's not a problem that teachers have guns it's a problem when the stupid have them
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have as of yet in my lifetime watched anyone with any firearm training try to show or demonstrate anything with a loaded gun.
    It is either with a dummy gun, or you will see them take an unloaded gun, still take the magazine out to verify it is empty, then rack the slide to make sure there is not a shell in it, and then pull the slide back and visually check again, all before using a real gun in a demonstration.
    I have watched them do this right after cleaning that same gun and placing an empty magazine in it. When I asked them why, they know it was empty, they just cleaned it. I was told is was a routine or habit that they never want to break, so every gun every time is checked.

That is why we need trained people, whether teachers or not, but hey must be trained, not some idiot like this guy. He had no respect for a loaded gun and handled it very carelessly.

If someone wanst to look at any of my guns, whether they are trained or untrained, if they are loaded, i unload and check them, if I know they were unload when I put them away, I still check and clear them. The reason I do so this is that I do have others who live in my household, and at any time someone else could have loaded that gun. I was taught to always treat every gun as if it was loaded, and NEVER point it ant anything you were not willing to shoot or kill.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

EXACTTLY!!!

Before you do anything more than LOOK at your firearm: ascertain it's condition!!!!!!!!
    Check the chamber and the magazine!!!

TWICE!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Angry Stupidity

There are "un-smart" people in EVERY profession.

After 37 years in the class room, and countless demonstrations and lessons machinery and welding equipment it is my humble opinion that this CTE teacher ( that's what I was also) was stupid. I was an expert witness in a court case against another shop teacher many moons ago ---- ruling was against him and the near by district for a stupid act in the classroom.

A blue plastic gun should have been used in this demo. IF-- this was a legitimate demo for the unit plans of the class. What I taught was designed by a CTE committee at the state level. ( and yes--- I was on it ). Nothing about guns ( well a nail gun and a GMAW " gun) in our curriculum.

A firearms safety demo with a loaded weapon is just plain stupid.

Don't blame the weapon, Its the idiot holding it.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I blame it on a "equipment failure",,, The loose nut, that was behind it all!

Spyder Garage

I say we gather the teachers and certain politician's and exploit children to promote our own antigun agenda over this.

These kids would be glad to help because that would eliminate them from having to learn how to read and do math. We can use tax payer money for signs and transportation for this, even though it's illegal to do so.

Please don't tell the children that the politicians giving speeches will have armed guards around them for protection. That would make us hypocrites and they might start thinking for themselves.

Never mind......... Forget what I said, that already happened yesterday.
    Last edited by Holly; 03-15-2018 at 12:05 PM.

Spyder Garage

If you keep the burger hook off the bang switch the gun won’t ‘accidentally’ won’t go off!

I sent the link to the founder and director of Front Sight Firearms Training in Pahrump, NV.
    Maybe he will invite the numb nuts teacher to come out for a free handgun course?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I say we gather the teachers and certain politician's and exploit children to promote our own antigun agenda over this.

These kids would be glad to help because that would eliminate them from having to learn how to read and do math. We can use tax payer money for signs and transportation for this, even though it's illegal to do so.

Please don't tell the children that the politicians giving speeches will have armed guards around them for protection. That would make us hypocrites and they might start thinking for themselves.

Never mind......... Forget what I said, that already happened yesterday.
    it sure did
    Does anyone other than me wonder who organized this effort to occur at the same time?
    And while we're wondering, who paid for the students from Parkland to travel to Tallahassee, who fed them and who paid for the motels? Only their parents. yeah right. I bet it was not the Fl taxpayers either.
    Anybody see the news clip of the kid reading his scripted comments? You think those were his words? If so, why did he have to read it word for word?
    Using kids and a tragedy to further a political agenda shows what this country is sinking to.

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    If you keep the burger hook off the bang switch the gun won’t ‘accidentally’ won’t go off!
    I LIKE that!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nobody sees the ironical humor in this story?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

When i have had law enforcement friends here & they show me their gun they first pull off the clip & then empty
    the chamber. that teacher was working with an empty chamber.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Apparently not: the pistol fired!

Or are you referring to the "empty chamber", where a brain should have been located?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Nobody sees the ironical humor in this story?
    This is revealing. I don't find anything humorous, in any context, about an accidental discharge that injures or risks injuring others, and I'm concerned about anyone who does.
    MEP
    ​2019 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Apparently not: the pistol fired!

Or are you referring to the "empty chamber", where a brain should have been located?
    the empty chamber where a brain should be

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My head isn't working well today... (Worse than it normally manages!)