Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

A small direction change.

I think your busted Randy.

I was going to wait until April Fools, but the rest are slowly jumping on board.

Back to the original program.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    A small direction change.

I think your busted Randy.

I was going to wait until April Fools, but the rest are slowly jumping on board.

Back to the original program.

Tomorrow when you are teaching these young impressionable college students of yours, I want you to include in the lecture that they should never assume anything and women can have voices too.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    The report I read said the passenger adamantly refused, which was heard by witnesses. In the end the flight attended won out. Is that true? I don't know. United will be changing their policy for pets in April. Each pet owner will now be given a bright colored tag to be displayed on the carrier. I guess we can arm chair this all we want. United is staying in touch with the family of the pet.

On a brighter note, a German Shepherd on Tuesday that had to fly on a different United flight than its owners was accidentally flown to Japan instead of Kansas, and will be united with its owners.
    ありがとうございました

Spyder Garage

It was stupid to put the dog in the overhead bin IF the attendant knew (there seems to be some disagreement on this). However, I have to wonder about the owner's responsibility in this (1) in not elevating the matter to the captain, and (2) in not checking the dog at any time during the 3-1/2 hour flight? I mean, if it was my dog I'd be getting up and checking it every 5 minutes. And there is more info we don't know. If the dog was getting frantic, which I'd certainly understand, wouldn't anybody HEAR it whining, barking and scratching only a couple of feet away -- and investigate the situation? Even once in 3-1/2 hours??? Honestly, the way people are these days, I kind of wonder if the dog had already died before it ever got on the plane and these people are looking for a way to cash in. That could explain why nobody heard anything. Wouldn't be the first time something happened like this.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    It was stupid to put the dog in the overhead bin IF the attendant knew (there seems to be some disagreement on this). However, I have to wonder about the owner's responsibility in this (1) in not elevating the matter to the captain, and (2) in not checking the dog at any time during the 3-1/2 hour flight? I mean, if it was my dog I'd be getting up and checking it every 5 minutes. And there is more info we don't know. If the dog was getting frantic, which I'd certainly understand, wouldn't anybody HEAR it whining, barking and scratching only a couple of feet away -- and investigate the situation? Even once in 3-1/2 hours??? Honestly, the way people are these days, I kind of wonder if the dog had already died before it ever got on the plane and these people are looking for a way to cash in. That could explain why nobody heard anything. Wouldn't be the first time something happened like this.
    Other passengers could hear the dog owner telling the flight attendant it was a live dog. FA insisted it would be OK to transport dog in overhead.

Other passengers heard the dog barking during the trip for approximately 2 hours (trip was 3.5 hours long).

Spyder Garage

You know, this is a tragedy, but as a society, it's our own damn fault.
    We are constantly looking for the cheapest this, or the least expensive that, and then we are constantly amazed at the poor quality of the merchandise or service that we buy.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    We are constantly looking for the cheapest this, or the least expensive that, and then we are constantly amazed at the poor quality of the merchandise or service that we buy.
    You may want to take blame but don't put any on me. i would have said something so would my wife. threewheels i
    think you should step forward, call the owner and apologize and perhaps offer to buy her a new pup.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It was reported that United Airlines has an animal mortality rate that is abysmally higher than the rest of the industry...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I agree with you; but, in this case it had nothing to do with the cheapest anything.

Spyder Garage

Default johnsimion, you might find this interesting, or not, regarding why no one stepped in.

Spyder Garage

am i the only one who watches a show "what would you do?" the show sets up situations in places of business or
    on the street with someone doing something usually not illegal but just morally wrong and they show if others
    step in to help.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I agree with you; but, in this case it had nothing to do with the cheapest anything.
    Customers fighting for the cheapest fares makes the airlines race to the bottom. They're not hiring the same caliber of people for flight attendants that they used to.
    Remember when flight attendants had to be Registered Nurses ??
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Customers fighting for the cheapest fares makes the airlines race to the bottom. They're not hiring the same caliber of people for flight attendants that they used to.
    Good lord man, that was back in the 1930's when passenger flying first began.

They could not be married then either and that didn't change (at some airlines) until around 1970.

Spyder Garage

Can't remember that, but can remember when they had to meet a minimum height and a weight limit.
    Last edited by wyliec; 03-16-2018 at 04:23 PM.

Spyder Garage

Here is an idea................ All pets and children under 10 should be required to be in the cargo area.

Nothing worse on a flight than a screaming little brat (I mean, "angel") in the cabin area.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Here is an idea................ All pets and children under 10 should be required to be in the cargo area.

Nothing worse on a flight than a screaming little brat (I mean, "angel") in the cabin area.

Sounds like a plan. How about chloroform?

Spyder Garage

I know why nobody helped the poor dog...

-When was the last time you cracked a joke about having a bomb to a TSA agent?

-Who remembers that doctor, who just wanted to get home, got his nose broke and dragged down the aisle, so a United employee could fly free.

-What happens to people who cause a scene on an aircraft in flight? You spend the remainder of the flight duct taped to a seat. When the plane lands, men in uniforms board the aircraft and take you away.

Yeah, one of these are United oriented, but rights have changed when you fly. You're expected to buckle up, don't say or do anything that might make anyone uneasy, especially the stewardesses. You know there's a Sky Marshall on some flights, don't draw attention to yourself.

They've created an environment of fear while flying.

Now, after reading the above, which are facts, would you get up and help that little dog?
    Last edited by Yazz; 03-16-2018 at 07:07 PM.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post
    I know why nobody helped the poor dog...

-When was the last time you cracked a joke about having a bomb to a TSA agent?

-Who remembers that doctor, who just wanted to get home, got his nose broke and dragged down the aisle, so a United employee could fly free.

-What happens to people who cause a scene on an aircraft in flight? You spend the remainder of the flight duct taped to a seat. When the plane lands, men in uniforms board the aircraft and take you away.

Yeah, one of these are United oriented, but rights have changed when you fly. You're expected to buckle up, don't say or do anything that might make anyone uneasy, especially the stewardesses. You know there's a Sky Marshall on some flights, don't draw attention to yourself.

They've created an environment of fear while flying.

Now, after reading the above, which are facts, would you get up and help that little dog?
    You have hit the nail on the head. I avoid flying like the plague.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red