So, I wanted to thank everyone for the great advise and helpful comments. Here is my update.

I got up early and braved 39 degree temperatures for 2 hours to get to the dealership where I had looked at the ST. I rode the machine for an hour and the bike was as smooth and clean as I could have hoped for. I then rode an RT Limited for an hour for comparison. While I absolute loved the RT, my pocket was not deep enough. I loved everything about the ST. The dealership also went out of their way to make sure I went home on it. I had them run the VIN and found that every recall (even the optional ones) had been done. I got new tires out of the deal and they even agreed to do the valve check at 14,000 miles. They even told me that an older gentleman had bought the Spyder new and wanted to ride with his wife. His wife would not ride with him. He brought it back to the dealership and traded for a boat.

After making a full day of it, I came home on the New to me 2013 ST. I decided to take the long way home and avoid the interstate since I was new to the Spyder ride and handling. After 2 1/2 hour ride home, I don’t think I will ever go back to two wheels. It is the most fun I have ever had on two or three wheels. I am thrilled with my new purchase.

Thanks for the help. Christening to follow.