Thread: Siting up dash

Spyder Garage

Default Siting up dash

I’ve run my RT through the winter mainly on just short trips. I now have some misting in the dash in front of the speedo and the tacko. I know BRP will change the unit under warranty but is it worth getting it changed. I can’t see the misting when it’s switched on.
    I typed Misting up Dash. Dumb machine
    Last edited by RTman10; 03-13-2018 at 01:08 PM.

Spyder Garage

If there paying let them fix it.

Spyder Garage

Something to consider, if you have them replace the instrument cluster under warranty, the new cluster will show zero miles. They do not program the new cluster to your miles. Sounds good at first but your title will reflect odo discrepancy or miles not actual depending on state at time of sale. It also shows up as ODO discrepancy on carfax even before you get a new title as soon as an entry is made with the out of sequence odometer reading.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Something to consider, if you have them replace the instrument cluster under warranty, the new cluster will show zero miles. They do not program the new cluster to your miles. Sounds good at first but your title will reflect odo discrepancy or miles not actual depending on state at time of sale. It also shows up as ODO discrepancy on carfax even before you get a new title as soon as an entry is made with the out of sequence odometer reading.

I know they don’t programme the new one they fit. Lord knows why not, every other manufacturer seems to be able to. I will show the staining to my dealer when it has its first service as I know BRP will swap it on warranty. I was just wondering if anybody had the same problem and if over s long period it effect the dash operation. In many ways I would prefer not to have it replaced as it’s not obvious when riding. If it’s likely to damage the unit in the long term I will definately have it trplaced.

Spyder Garage

Default Youtube??

I remember watching a video of this exact thing on YouTube. I've had the front dash out of my 2016 RTS several times adding power outlets. Looks easy enough to remove the cluster, with one big connector on the back. I recently cleaned up the clear lens on my wife's 2008 GS, which turned out easy. I found some coating on the backside when I washed it in warm soapy water came off. So I waxed the backside to it would have some type of coating on it. I taped off the front and rear and left only the "seal" showing, and sprayed a light coating of adhesive (basically rubber cement) around the seal, so I could take it apart again if need be. No problems since.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=jcthorne;1343305]Something to consider, if you have them replace the instrument cluster under warranty, the new cluster will show zero miles. They do not program the new cluster to your miles. Sounds good at first but your title will reflect odo discrepancy or miles not actual depending on state at time of sale. It also shows up as ODO discrepancy on carfax even before you get a new title as soon as an entry is made with the out of sequence odometer reading.[/QUOTEThis happened to my first Spyder. I just had the dealer, on letterhead stationary, write a letter stating that the speedometer had to be replaced and what the odometer read at the time. Add the "old" reading to what's showing now and you have the actual mileage on the Spyder. I had no difficulty when I traded it.