I’m hoping to retire in a couple of years and I wanted to reach out to the several lucky folks that have already retired and have found solutions to some of these questions. I have an old PT cruiser that has survived 3 teenage daughters (now graduated college) which is getting long in the tooth so it’s time to look for a new vehicle before it dies on me. I’m looking for a replacement with future needs and activities in mind. The wife and I would like to take several 3-4 week trips a year while retired and drive around the country trailering the F3. She’s good for riding once we get somewhere, but not riding the bike to get there. I’m thinking that the Spyder and a trailer would run around 1500 – 2000 Lbs. Most of the SUV’s that I’ve looked at are rated for 3500 Lbs, way more than I need. Here’s some questions that I would like to start with. If some of you can think of anything that I’ve missed, please feel free to add to the list. Thanks everyone.

Is it better to trailer the F3 with an enclosed (10’ single axle) or open trailer. Pros and cons of each.

Recommendations for manufacturers (function / quality) of both types.

Suitable mid-level SUV (Rav4, Escape, Santa Fe etc.) to safely tow the trailer as I don’t want a large second vehicle.

Do you need a factory towing package to do this (transmission cooler) with some of them, would you recommend one or are some OK without it?

Are there places that rent an open or enclosed trailer wide enough to load the Spyder onto and are economical to rent for a 3-4-week period?

Is it worth getting a trailer if you’re only going to use it a few times a year? Storage in mind when not using it.