Spyder Garage

Default Sway bar question

I’m new here and to the spyder world, my question is how do you know if you have a factory sway bar or if it’s been upgraded. I recently bought a 2011 rss and seen that the sway bar is bright red, I didn’t know if it was factory or if the person I got it from had changed it
    any advise would be appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome, welcome 👍

The earlier bars from BajaRon were red. I have the red one on my 2012 RS you can also check and see if the Hiem joints have been changed to the metal ones rather than the composite ones used by BRP. BajaRon now sell them as a kit and if you have metal ones then for sure the whole set up has been done...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Hi Wayne,

Re: how do you know if you have a factory sway bar or if it’s been upgraded.

One way is to measure the diameter. It only takes a good set of calipers.

I don't know the numbers but if you were to post them here, I am sure BajaRon would respond.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) And, as Gene mentioned, the early ones were red. I bought mine 4 yrs ago & it is black.
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

I have a 2008GS, and I installed a sway bar that was red, and it wasn't Ron's because he didn't have sway bars at the time. It was an Evoluzione.

Spyder Garage

I put a "Ron Bar" on. my '11RS and it was reds did not get the helm links(sold separately). I traded it at Velocity Powersports in '15 when I got my '15 RT
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com