Spyder Garage

Default CARTOONS WHEN WE WERE YOUNG

They don't get any better than this. Saturday morning fun club at the local movie house cost 50 cents, 3 or 4 cartoons, a couple of serials, then a really bad (well now at least) early 1950's Sci-Fi movie, but they were great when I was like 7 years old or so. Anyone remember "The Tingler"? And what might - or might not - have happened in the seats?

"A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

I love all the old cartoons. A lot better than the PC cartoons of today. Just my opinion of course.
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

Default They were the best....

the work that went into making them was amazing. But i like all the old ones best and watch them till today....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Yup! 25 cents did a Saturday PM. Seven cartoons, the serial, and the main feature. Admission 10 cents. A 10 cent box of popcorn and a 5 cent Holloway sucker that lasted most of the movie.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

All of the animation was done with "cells", that is, individual drawings of each frame. And, a lot of artists if you look closely at the beginning credits.
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    They don't get any better than this. Saturday morning fun club at the local movie house cost 50 cents, 3 or 4 cartoons, a couple of serials, then a really bad (well now at least) early 1950's Sci-Fi movie, but they were great when I was like 7 years old or so. Anyone remember "The Tingler"? And what might - or might not - hav e happened in the seats?

And it's interesting that the cartoons were filled with innuendo and "wink-wink" meanings!
    My brother and I went every Saturday for the cartoons and the Roy Rogers double feature - - and ALWAYS with our Roy Rogers holsters and guns.
    He's on his RT She's on her F3

And the Keys to a Happy Marriage: Separate
    Bathrooms, Individual Remote TV Clickers, and
    His and Her Spyders.

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die,
    I want to go where they went." ~ ~ Will Rogers

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."
    ~ ~ Winston Churchill in his tribute to the RAF.

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining
    people who think the world owes them a living." ~ ~ John Wayne

GOS 3799

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

speed racer was the best

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default WOW.......

50 cents! You aren't an old guy. akspyderman and I are old guys. We got in for 20 cents. A quarter got us in plus some candy.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Remember when psycho dad was cancelled, it was a sad day for all

Spyder Garage

Had 2 movie theaters within walking distance (2 miles). We took our own popcorn. I remember when the matinee cost went from a dime to a quarter. But about that time we got our 1st TV. Didn't walk to the movies much after that. A few years later, I really liked the Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoons on TV.....
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    Remember when psycho dad was cancelled, it was a sad day for all
    50 cents was all in - movies - usually a double feature - , cartoons, serials, candy, soda, popcorn and a chance to win 50 cents if your ticket stub number was called at intermission. I won once.

Spyder Garage

My favorite character was...
    maxresdefault.jpg
    2014 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    BRP Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebars
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors
    BRP RT Passenger Armrest
    BRP Driver's Backrest
    BRP Travel Cover
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    SpyderPops KOTTS
    SpyderPops Bump Skid
    Lamonster NVB Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs
    Lamonster LED Headlights & Fog Lights
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light
    Show Chrome 7.5 inch Spiral Antenna
    SpyderFlap Mud Guard
    Helmetlok w/ T-Bar Extension
    Hopnel 5PC Luggage Set
    Airhawk R Seat Cushion
    Rivco Dual Flag Mount

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When the school year was almost over they'd sell ticket coupons that let kids get in to weekly special-showing kids movies on Saturday afternoon. The summer series was all planned and each coupon had the movie's name and date on it. We'd go as a group from my neighborhood every week.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

My favorite