Spyder Garage

Default Remount Zumo 660 GPS

Good evening. Hope everyone up north here is getting ready to ride or ride more. As for the rest of you just keep ridin.

I had the adjustible handlebars installed and what to know how I can remount the zumo. Or how can I replace it with my Garmin 2595LMT which has lifetime maps and traffic update.

Just had my ECU flashed and can't wait to get her back.

Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What do you mean remount. Like move it to the windshield area?

You need to buy the mount for a tri axis bars for a 660.
    Last edited by trikermutha; 04-01-2018 at 10:08 AM.

Spyder Garage

If you had the 660 mounted on the OEM bars with the OEM 660 mount you must purchase the 660 mount for the Tri-Axis bars if that's where you want to remount it. Someone on the forum may have the part number, if not ask a dealer. Sorry, don't know a thing about the 2595 mounting system.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Default Mounting GPS

I believe that the 590 LM mount is different for the regular bars and the tri-axis bars. If you want the stock OEM cradle. Sorry I don't have part # handy. You could still use an aftermarket mount. I was told I would have to upgrade the mount if I went to the Tri-axis bars.

I'm pretty sure your 660 mount will be different from the 590 one.

Sorry if this is not what you are asking.
    Ranman42

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Remount GPS

Not sure what you are asking. The mounts for the 660 GPS and the 590 GPS are not the same on OEM Bars. I think you will need to find/buy a different mount for whatever GPS you wont to install. Can-Am may offer a mount for you.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

You could mount ANY GPS over your dash using the method I used for holding my cell phone up there.
    Used the TricLed (or any other) Spyder Dash Bar with RAM Mounts and added a USB Powermount feeding from the battery coming out one of the Windshield support cutouts.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Default able to integrate?

Do you know if you are able integrate the zumo 660 (which I have from a previous Spyder RT) into the wiring of a newer (mine is a 2017 RT) so that it will automatically cut out radio ,etc. when giving directions? Mounting is also a problem but not a serious as the wiring. At least at this time.

Spyder Garage

The part# for the garmin 660 to mount to the tri axis bars is 219400408.I had a hard time locating one but found it on ebay for 154.00.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    What do you mean remount. Like move it to the windshield area?

You need to buy the mount for a tri axis bars for a 660.
    If I go to a windshield mount I would use the 2595 since it has lifetime maps and traffic. I would probably mount it on my dashmount bar in front of the windshield and I would have to run power to it. The traffic only works with the cigarette lighter cord. Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

I found this GPS support without harness for Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebar.$59.99. (GPS sold separately).
    GPS Support for Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebar (without Harness)

https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/shop/accessories/electrical-electronic-accessories/gps-mounts/gps-support-for-tri-axis-adjustable-handlebar-without-harness.html

Would this be all I need or would I need a longer harness?

If I stay with the 660 I will keep the communication thru the radio which I dn think I can have with the 2595 wired seoarately right?

If I use the 2595 I could put a cigarette lighter powerpoint in one of the empty slots on the panel right?

Thanks, Mike
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

As I remember the 660 that came with the RT L also comes with the lifetime maps,thats what the LM stands for.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default Model #

We have a 2013 RTL and of course has the gps between the bars. Went to update it before our local trip last year, Garmin was going to charge me 50.00 dollars for the update. We have a couple of Garmins that have lifetime updates, but worry about their weather resistanceThanks guys
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    As I remember the 660 that came with the RT L also comes with the lifetime maps,thats what the LM stands for.

Spyder Garage

Don't worry about the Zumo series in the weather. They were made for it. In extremis a plastic bag always works.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Don't worry about the Zumo series in the weather. They were made for it. In extremis a plastic bag always works.
    This is not something I would recommend. The Garmin Zumo 2595 was made for automotive and not motorcycle use, thus does not have the weather proofing built into it, hence the price of the unit.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fire34 View Post
    We have a 2013 RTL and of course has the gps between the bars. Went to update it before our local trip last year, Garmin was going to charge me 50.00 dollars for the update. We have a couple of Garmins that have lifetime updates, but worry about their weather resistanceThanks guys
    Dave
    Are you the original owner of your Spyder? Go to your dealer and have him help you get it registered with Garmin in your name. Then you will have your lifetime maps.

I have a garmin Nuvi 500 which is also not water proof. I have used a baggie over it for many years and it has done well. Still works.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I never paid attention to it since I got it back in the fall but the mount is there for my 660 and it works. Thanks, Mike
    Will it ever stop--NO