Thread: F3t rear fender

Spyder Garage

Default F3t rear fender

So today i was cleaning my 2017 f3t. I noticed 2 screws on the back that held on rear fender mud flap on. I took them out popped rear fender mud flap off to clean it now can't get it back on. I kind of like the look without it actually now. Is there any reason i can't just roll without it? It seemed huge to begin with and there is still somewhat of a flap there. Is there any aftermarket ones that would look better for the f3t?
    On a side not i took it out behind my house and turned it loose. I got up to 100 mph bit didnt feel it could get much more speed. Not something i will be doing again haha. Not sure it was good to do that during break in period. I only have 160 miles on her.

Spyder Garage

Default Rear mud flap

The only thing I didn't like about the look of my 2016 F3 Limited SS was the rear fender, mud flap. It covered the tire. I like an exposed tire. So one night I crawled around the mud flap, just to see how it was attached. Then removed it. Stood back and looked at the back and wheel and tire. "Well that is not gong back on" and put the mud flap with the rear seat and grab handles. The Urban Rack does fit the F3-T/L.

Spyder Garage

I removed that on my 2016 F3T the first week I had it. I do put it back on when I tow my trailer. I did replace the screw out pins to pushpins, make it easy to take on and off.
    SpYderman

Spyder Garage

I didn't like it either, almost made me by the f3s. Glad to know others had no ill affects.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I tow a trailer a lot so it is going to stay on, but doesn’t it make you crazy that you pretty much have to lay on the ground to inspect the tire tread with the mud flap on?
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by INFAMOUS View Post
    So today i was cleaning my 2017 f3t. I noticed 2 screws on the back that held on rear fender mud flap on. I took them out popped rear fender mud flap off to clean it now can't get it back on. I kind of like the look without it actually now. Is there any reason i can't just roll without it? It seemed huge to begin with and there is still somewhat of a flap there. Is there any aftermarket ones that would look better for the f3t?
    On a side not i took it out behind my house and turned it loose. I got up to 100 mph bit didnt feel it could get much more speed. Not something i will be doing again haha. Not sure it was good to do that during break in period. I only have 160 miles on her.
    I too took mine off, but did not like the way it looked, so I put it back on. If I remember right Lamonster took his off too.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Thank you guys i appreciate the feed back. The plastic flap to me could be better. Its a personal choice for sure bit i like the look of the big tire. I was curious to know if the mud flap screws helped to secure the rear fender at all. It somewhat seemed that way but it is doubtful it will just come off.

Spyder Garage

Your passenger will know the difference if you ride in the rain or on a wet or muddy road, they will get soaked from the rooster tail.

ASK MY WIFE HOW I KNOW THIS

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer