Spyder Garage

Default RT LED headlights hi beams

Just had LED headlights installed and now I don’t have highbeams any suggestions or is that the way they work.

Spyder Garage

They were installed wrong. Go back. The shutter is blocked.

RT has a shutter mechanism in front of the lamp for hi . lo beams. Only one lamp element.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Shutters are stuck , you still have high and low beams. Shutters control this.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HIGH BEAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts46 View Post
    Just had LED headlights installed and now I don’t have highbeams any suggestions or is that the way they work.
    Your High Beams come from a SHUTTER that needs to move to create the effect ( it's not a normal H.B.) ..... It's possible that whoever did the install , when they pushed the extra wire into the plastic housing the wire is preventing the SHUTTER from moving ( partially or fully ) ..... You can check it by shinening them on a wall from 15ft. away ....activate the H.B.'s and see if they move .....you should also here a very noticeable click ...... if they aren't working - have them fixed by the installer .......... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They've got you covered on the fix... Where'd you get them, and who put them in for you?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Got them from Lamont installed by local mechanic and it was the first set he had done. He will correct his error and thanks to everyone for their input.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default LED headlights

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts46 View Post
    Got them from Lamont installed by local mechanic and it was the first set he had done. He will correct his error and thanks to everyone for their input.
    Well unless He saw the install video ....He may have STUFFED the ballast into the housing and there isn't any room to spare in there, so this is likely the issue ..... you may want to have Him see the video ....TricLED's is different type LED, the ballast is in the lamp it-self ....... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I installed Lamonster's LEDs and one of the high beams doesn't work. How is it fixed? I followed Lamonsters video about stuffing the cable in and cutting a notch to allow the ballast to be outside.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Flamewinger, there's something preventing the shutter from activating, likely as was stated above, some of the wiring is physically blocking the shutter mechanism. The lights have to be opened back up for the one that's not working and cleared (wires moved around to avoid the shutter).
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ya, I'm planning on doing that just would like to know any hints. Think I'll be calling Lamonster. Right now its in for some accessory upgrades that I paid for when I bought the bike that the dealer is only now doing. (6 weeks waiting)

Thanks
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Well unless He saw the install video ....He may have STUFFED the ballast into the housing and there isn't any room to spare in there, so this is likely the issue ..... you may want to have Him see the video ....TricLED's is different type LED, the ballast is in the lamp it-self ....... Mike
    This is what I'm betting happened also...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Went back in and found what was causing the shutter problem, The image shows a grn/yel and black wire inside a tan part and that was what was causing the shutter to fail. First image is pulling the wires out and second is how they should be.

izLDuXsnTRKqqQTJrXGUYA.jpg 1peA+PL7TPWP5mwTrk2lIA.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red