Spyder Garage

Default Looking to add an RT/RT Ltd sibling to the Spyder Family

We visited our local dealership today to see about getting my F3-S a friend.
    We decided on the RT or RT limited. Although my wife hates the RT limited foot boards. Honestly, I'm not a fan either. Why make the rider have to lift the entire foot to hit the break. Must be exhausting in stop and go traffic.
    Anyway, We're in the market for an RT or Limited (I'd just swap the boards for pegs) new or used. Looking for a great deal, but we also understand the popularity of Spyders has gone through the roof. There are almost no used RTs in south Florida that we can find. Used would need to be 2015+
    Don't tell my wife, but I'm kind of partial to a 2018
    We are willing to travel or have one shipped.

Thanks!!!!

Ron
    2015 F3-S , Can-Am Red (Orange)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do you have a question? I'm not sure what you want us to say about this.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Do you have a question? I'm not sure what you want us to say about this.

pretty clear from the thread title that he is looking to acquire an RT or RT Limited.

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Spyder Garage

Sorry,
    Yes, We are looking to purchase an RT or RT Ltd. Know anyone who's got one? To sell.

Spyder Garage

Default Range....

you may have to widen your search range...a double up ryde to pick one up and a solo each on the way back can be a fun thing.... good luck....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Look here and there

Keep a look out here - there have been 2 - 2014's that sold for cheap in the last month and I got one of them.

I have seen some also on the Facebook Marketplace and the Facebook Spyder sites.

I know you mentioned 2018's - but I haven't seen anyone with buyers remorse on those yet. I have seen some 2017 / 2016's on there recently but don't remember the price.

It is hard to help since your scope is so wide (i.e. no specific year, price, etc.) - good luck finding what you are looking for.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Ron View Post
    We decided on the RT or RT limited. Although my wife hates the RT limited foot boards. Honestly, I'm not a fan either. Why make the rider have to lift the entire foot to hit the break. Must be exhausting in stop and go traffic. Anyway, We're in the market for an RT or Limited (I'd just swap the boards for pegs) new or used.
    Okay, here's my two cents.
    1. You live in a great state to buy a used Spyder. There's a concentration of them in Florida and the adjacent states. Use an internet search engine like Google to look for them, as they are in classified ads, Cycle Trader, dealers, etc - all searchable online. Start here; https://www.google.com/search?q=Can-...hrome&ie=UTF-8

2. Decide on a budget. We have no idea what you're willing to pay. If you have no budget, buy a new one.

3. Don't look for a 'deal'. Look for a well-maintained bike with the features you want at a price you're willing to pay.

4. If the floorboard is an issue for you, then get a different model of Spyder. Actually, I don't understand why you have 'settled' on an RT since you don't seem to like the riding position....
    Last edited by UtahPete; 03-10-2018 at 07:11 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

29C6D002-6337-4ED2-824D-3B712DB86585.jpg 005A1883-7EF5-45FB-A8C9-7F961007FE30.jpg7BE5EE49-0E4E-49B6-B9B1-2718CF474F5F.jpg

I had a problem too lifting my foot to use the brake. I got a set of Lamonster highway brackets and pegs ( they come in narrow or wide mount ). I got the narrow mount, I’m 5’8” and they are just right for me. I can rest my feet on the pegs and use my heel for the brake. And the floorboards are still there if you want to change position some. I don’t know if you could reach the brake from the wide brackets. Also I added an full size pedal on the brake.

highway brackets: http://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-a...egs-lamonster/

pegs: http://www.lamonstergarage.com/ips-l...ies-lamonster/

full size brake pedal: http://www.lamonstergarage.com/show-...an-am-spyders/
    Last edited by george123; 03-10-2018 at 08:03 PM.

2022 Spyder RT Limited Sea to Sky Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

We have had very bad luck searching.
    The first one we found ended up being a scam. I found out after I took $$ out and was ready to pay. Luckily I didn't pay.
    Actually the second one was a scam too.

Down here in south Florida used Spyders get snapped up faster than turkey legs at Disney! I'm amazed how Spyders seem to hold their value. I'm finding 2015 RT models at $18K, 2016 RT models for $23K!

I appreciate everyone's responses, Thank you!
    Ron

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We have had very bad luck searching. The first one we found ended up being a scam. I found out after I took $$ out and was ready to pay. Luckily I didn't pay. Actually the second one was a scam too. Ron
    That's why I suggested looking for value, not a deal.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

We have had very bad luck searching.
    The first one we found ended up being a scam. I found out after I took $$ out and was ready to pay. Luckily I didn't pay.
    Actually the second one was a scam too.

Down here in south Florida used Spyders get snapped up faster than turkey legs at Disney! I'm amazed how Spyders seem to hold their value. I'm finding 2015 RT models at $18K, 2016 RT models for $23K!

I appreciate everyone's responses, Thank you!
    Ron

Drive up to central Florida and I think you will find much better deals. I got a great deal on a slightly used F3S Spyder from Central Florida PowerSports. The Sales Manager is a hoot to deal with if it is the same guy.