I did it!! I got a new (to me) 2011 blue RT SM5. SOOOO glad I read this blog and went with what felt right.

I took the two wheel class for endorsement a year ago. Hubby has a Harley ultra limited that I knew was way too much bike for me. I am not comfortable on two wheels (unless a passenger) and have always had my eyes on the spyders. Saw this deal and couldn't pass it up. Took to a parking lot for practice and voila the brake light error warning comes up. Told hubby to top off the brake fluid which he did. Still had an error light. He said he could just about bet the brakes needed bled and we both scoured this forum.

He called our local Can-Am shop, who assured him they could look at it the next day. After some of the horror stories we have read about shops, we took the plunge and took it in. They were attentive, courteous, timely, and didn't cost an arm and a leg. Sure enough new pads had been placed on it and the brakes were not properly bled. THANK YOU for the Do's and Do Nots sticky thread!!!

Pics when I figure out how to load them...she came already farkled with an ultimate seat (neighbors have already tested it and want for their spyders!) and a two brothers exhaust system. I cannot determine whether a trunk brake light, new headlights, or bumpskid will be my first buy for it. Weather is perfect for bike week hope to see you on the ride!