Thread: Baffles

Spyder Garage

Default Baffles

I have a cat delete muffler system sound that I am happy with but my better half
    and the neighbors think it has just to much bark. So who make the best baffles for
    knocking down the bark on my 2017 F3S? All help/experience would be greatly
    appreciated.

Dray

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Lamont has an exclusive deal with Big City Thunder on the baffle that fits the Spyder cat delete pipe.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Agree

and depending on the muffler some have baffles as well. I have the yoshimura R77 and it comes with an extra baffle to tone it down....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have a cat delete with the baffle and wrapped the baffle with ceramic wrap and the sound is almost stock. I can barley tell I have a cat delete pipe on.

I do use a stock muffler too.

It was a cheap way to cut that noise down.

My delete and baffle were bought used and believe they were the Lamonster pipe and baffle

Spyder Garage

If you got your Cat Delete from Lamonster Garage, It should have come with a can opener baffle. I also installed it with no baffle and the next day went back in and added the free baffle. It sounds a lot better.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

I bought the cat delete pipe from Lamonster recently and also got the can opener baffle along with my purchase. Worth mentioning is that the free baffle has been sent for free just a short while, when I was thinking of buying the pipe I already had bought a cone shaped baffle with small holes drilled in it, just about the same kind as the Big City Thunder but cheaper.

When I shortly after ordered the pipe they had added the can opener baffle as a standard . This was last summer.

I agree with the previous "speaker", the can opener baffle which came for free is the one which I believe gives the nicest sound Itīs a really nice and gritty sound!

In my opinion itīs also a very nice sound with the cat delete pipe, stock muffler and no baffle and thatīs how I will keep it I also imagine it feels like breathing a little better, especially on higher revs...
    2016 F3-S Special Series , Matte Black