Spyder Garage

Default A Tip of the Hat to Baha Ron/Air filter questions

On Monday 3-5-18 I tried to order a set of wires and plugs from Ron but I don't have a PayPal account. Ron got me a guest account?? Today 3-8-18 I got the wires and plugs. Thanks Ron for great service
    Gubby

Questions:

I also ordered the air filter kit from JT. Here are my questions.

1. I got the air filter housing out (the big black box) but does the air intake part have to come ot(the part that goes to the front of the bike)?

2. I have the vent kit on my bike will rain get into the air filter? (going to Americade). He has a rain cover but in was not in stock at this time. The bike is a 2012 RTS...Thanks

Gubby

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gubby View Post

I also ordered the air filter kit from JT. Here are my questions.

1. I got the air filter housing out (the big black box) but does the air intake part have to come ot(the part that goes to the front of the bike)?

2. I have the vent kit on my bike will rain get into the air filter? (going to Americade). He has a rain cover but in was not in stock at this time. The bike is a 2012 RTS...Thanks

Gubby
    No it doesn't but I did take mine out. There is no reason to keep it.
    I also have a 2012 ,but since I am in Utah I have had limited chance to ride in the rain. What little I have done,there has not been a problem. I do however have JT's silencer on the air filter and it does quiet it down almost to stock. Maybe that helps with rain also?
    Last edited by pegasus1300; 03-08-2018 at 06:40 PM.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I know of one person that did have issues with rain getting into the motor while riding the Spyder in the rain. You might want to ask JT about what the risks are. I'm not sure if the cover is to be used while riding in the rain or just for sitting in the rain.