Spyder Garage

Angry switch cover removal

Been a while since i've been on here. Taking the 2011 RT SE 5 apart for cleaning and painting the black plastic. I have not figured out how to remove the plastic peice around the rocker switches. I have the sides loose bolt in the middle by glove box I have 1 keeper can't figure out how to get it loose. Any help would be appriciated. Looking at the expolded view of parts shows a keeper but not sure how to get to it.
    Last edited by 78OldRide; 03-06-2018 at 04:33 PM. Reason: spelling

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I believe that you need something called a "Carling tool"...

I used a couple of really small screwdrivers, and really just messed things up.

s-l300.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

image_16103.jpgIf you go to harbor freight, they have a small package of plastic panel tools for the cheap $$$. Haven't pulled my center rocker switches yet but have used them to pull other small pieces of plastics apart.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default tools

with using the tools mentioned ..... However removing the surrounding panel isn't easy and requires a lot of Tupperware to be removed first ...... good luck .... Mike

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This thread may help

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...=Glove+removal

Unfortunately the phots are not available but message Doc Riverside and he may be able to e mail a copy of them to you

The glove box removal to gain access to the switches is covered in the workshop manual and a CD copy can be purchased Via e bay, Well worth getting one if you intend to do a lot of your own work on your a Spyder
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You need to take the entire glove box assembly off and then take it apart. There are screws down under it and kind of deep to get to.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)