Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Akrapovic Sinister muffler on an RT?

I have the all dark 2018 and the Sinister muffler looks better than the Touring muffler. I see the Touring muffler will work on either the F3s or RTs. So . . .

Any chance the sinister will will work on my RT?

Thanks

Sinister F24BB8F0-D7BA-46DD-9E17-FF8B8FE3EB8C.jpg Touring 8E918BA2-C4D6-4EA5-918D-D389D3912854.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I tried one of the shortish Akrapovic mufflers on my 2013 RT Ltd, and while it did make things sound pretty good, the shorter muffler length meant that the exhaust gases coming out of the end started melting the bottom of the Pannier on the RT!!

The Sinister muffler is even shorter than the Akrapovic muffler I tried and than the Akrapovic Touring that works on both the F3's & the RT's, so unless you really like the 'melted tupperware' look, then I'd STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you DO NOT FIT THE SINISTER MUFFLER TO YOUR RT!!

But it is your Spyder, isn't it!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Muffler options

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    I have the all dark 2018 and the Sinister muffler looks better than the Touring muffler. I see the Touring muffler will work on either the F3s or RTs. So . . .

Any chance the sinister will will work on my RT?

Thanks

Sinister F24BB8F0-D7BA-46DD-9E17-FF8B8FE3EB8C.jpg Touring 8E918BA2-C4D6-4EA5-918D-D389D3912854.jpg
    Since neither does anything performance wise ..... Just use some BBQ ( high heat ) paint to achieve your goal ...... $ 700.00 is a lot of money just to change the color ........... and to those others reading, this and want to claim it improves performance - please show me the Dyno numbers........... I'll monitor this thread for the numbers ...... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Didn't think about the melting part. Forgot about a friend that had a rack on a hitch behind the bags (on a Goldwing) and when he got to the campground he had a problem with his tent. Thanks
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

There is no interchange between F3S and RT mufflers. They use an entirely different mount. The Sinister is not made for the F3T or F3L which could have interchanged.

I do have a Sinister on my F3S and like it, but, it is loud and projects the sound up and out rather than down like most touring mufflers.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question: I thought that an all-black touring model was also available... or at least the heat guards?

Now that I've got a Black Bike: it's time to shop for non-chrome accessories!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes, with an all dark bike I like the non chrome goodies. The muffler for the RT would just look wrong. Want a little rumble unlike my friend’s F3T where he has cat delete and Acrapovic and I told him to ride behind me. :-)
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red