Spyder Garage

Default New results from ECM reflashing

I get mixed "seat of the pants" performance feelings on the improvement on my 2015 F3's. It's been a cold winter in Ohio thus I'm just recalling my performance from fall 2017. Today the tem was 46 degrees--sun was shining, no wind. I went out to my only close freeway & hit 118 mph in 6th gear before traffic slowed me down. It felt like it was still climbing but I didn't want to park in the bed of the semi-trailer in front of me.
    45 degrees --great performance in each gear versus the fall 75 degrees temp--performance didn't impress me. Reminded me of the old drag races when we put ice cubes inside the air filter container.
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Default New Results........

Look forward to doing my F3-T. Who did you wind up going with?

Chris
    One of the FIRST to own a Spyder 2008 No.2817 Premier Edition Spyder GS. I knew a good thing when I saw it!!

2016 F3-T, LED Headlights, Frnt. & Bck. Side Marker Lights, Back Frnt. Fender Lights, Trailer Hitch. Floor Boards Frnt. and Bck. Third Brake light. Cannonball seats. F4 24" windshileld. ( CAT Delete Pipe (muffler bck. on) ) 2003 Valkyrie

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    I get mixed "seat of the pants" performance feelings on the improvement on my 2015 F3's. It's been a cold winter in Ohio thus I'm just recalling my performance from fall 2017. Today the tem was 46 degrees--sun was shining, no wind. I went out to my only close freeway & hit 118 mph in 6th gear before traffic slowed me down. It felt like it was still climbing but I didn't want to park in the bed of the semi-trailer in front of me.
    45 degrees --great performance in each gear versus the fall 75 degrees temp--performance didn't impress me. Reminded me of the old drag races when we put ice cubes inside the air filter container.
    Darrell

You should try this: Find a flat stretch of rural road and take note of 2 poles (or anything repeatable) about a quarter mile apart. On a calm day, choose a gear (not top gear) and a starting mph. Do a WOT roll-on at first pole and check speed at second pole. This will give you dyno-like objective results that are repeatable and comparable from one mod to the next. This will also eliminate some variables such as launch skill and traction. You can even make sure you do comparisons on days with similar weather conditions. This is how we did it in the 70s when re-jetting carbs and it is still valid in this day of high-tech tunes. (I used this to tune my last Victory with ecu mods, etc.)
    2015 F3 (wife's)
    2014 Indian Vintage
    2019 AMG C43 cabrio
    1966 LS1 Corvette restomod
    1956 Corvette survivor (wife's)
    1941 Chevy hotrod truck
    2023 Corvette Z06

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by No 2817 View Post
    Look forward to doing my F3-T. Who did you wind up going with?

Chris
    My ECM was flashed by Monster fuel out of Canada. good luck, the traffic out in N. Columbus, OH has more than doubled--maybe tripled. 10 yrs ago I could almost always find a clear stretch for the turbo busa..But the turbo Busa's acceleration from 70 mph & up to 150 mph & back down to 70 mph was between 2 airplane radar markers at 1/4 mi apart. My top speed runs were always on abandoned airstrips. At 118 mph the F3's was still pulling good until the traffic problems--I was amazed at how stable the F3's was--of course the wind was very mild. All the Spyder gears were pulling strong past 8100 updated rpm. The Busa's tach was off by 400 rpm at 10,800 rpm. Not sure if the Spyder's tach is accurate either?? Most speedo's read higher than actual speed in the upper zones.
    Darrell
    Last edited by Wildrice; 03-05-2018 at 02:33 PM.
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black