Spyder Garage

Default RT air suspension constantly adjusting

recently replaced my compressor with the v air which is working great however my suspension still continually releases air then pumps back up normally while waiting for a traffic light it will cycle 2 to 3 times just picked it up from dealer last night they claim suspension checked out ok this is the third compressor just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

My 2012 RTS does the same thing. I was told last year it is a normal function. however it doesn't make sense to me for it to do this. my system has no detectable leaks. I think it has something to do with the ride height sensor being out of whack but haven't taken it to a dealer to be checked with BUDDS.

Spyder Garage

My 2013 RTL did the same thing and my 2015 also does it. It does not seem to matter if you are the only one on the Spyder or your are riding 2 up. It is a little embarrassing and frustrating when you stop at a light and the Spyder starts making those noises. Anyone else have this problem?

2015 RT Limited Black Matallic
    BAJARon Sway Bar w/Billet Aluminum Heim Joint Link Set
    SPYDERPOPS Bumperskid with LED's
    SPYDERPOPS RT BRT Rear Lighting Kit
    US LED Flag

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's a relatively small reservoir for the air, and it's really sensitive to ambient temperatures. Your description of what's going on is perfectly normal.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I almost sounds like the RTL has a Stomach problem......I have heard that some people have changed the shocks because of it, have you heard of that?

2015 RT Limited Black Matallic
    BAJARon Sway Bar w/Billet Aluminum Heim Joint Link Set
    SPYDERPOPS Bumperskid with LED's
    SPYDERPOPS RT BRT Rear Lighting Kit
    US LED Flag

Spyder Garage

My '13 RTL doesn't behave like this. (Not that this adds any improvement to the conversation, other than that not ALL '13s behave like the OP (and others).
    Have Any of you checked the cold static air pressure of the air bag? When I bought my used Spyder it was very low, I used Lamonster's digital cordless air pump, set it to 50lbs and inflated the bag. My wife swears the ride back there has improved. YMMV
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

I just dropped my 2017 RTS off at the dealer yesterday because I have never heard the compressor come on. One of the service techs listened to it as well and could not hear the compressor. Waiting for them to let me know if it is working or not.
    2017 RT-S , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Update - Just got my Spyder back. They had to clear/reset the codes and now I can hear the compressor come on when the pressure is increased and hear the air come out when it is reduced.
    2017 RT-S , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I had similar issue with my 2013 RT and the dealer commented that that was not normal. Mechanic checked it out and it was the valve that went to the shock/ bladder. They replaced valve and it was still under warranty and compressor will come on when I start up but not near what I was experiencing before.