Spyder Garage

Default Correct Coolant (Orange)

Can someone please tell me which coolant is correct for my 2014 ST-L? It came with orange coolant from the factory. Now it appears they've relabeled the containers and I don't know which I need. Or maybe there's a car antifreeze that's compatible?

My owners manual states PN 219 700 362 but I believe that's green. I think the correct number for the orange is 219 702 675.
    2014 ST Limited , Silver Platinum Satin

Spyder Garage

Ok, I'm thinking my owners manual is wrong when it comes to what coolant is ACTUALLY in my 14 ST. The manual thinks it's green but in fact it's orange. Seeing the orange is a long life coolant, will mine even need to be changed yet? It's a 14 that went into service in 2015 and it has 10,000 miles on it.

Spyder Garage

Against my better judgement...

The orange the bike came with is a long-life coolant that can go 5 years before needing to be changed. The green coolant requires 2 year change intervals. The orange is not a special formulation (like the old Dexcool) and you can top off orange (in these bikes) with green in an emergency. If you cannot find orange and want to change to green, you should flush the system of orange before you switch. I had topped off my 2014 ST with green while it still had orange. At the end of that season, I flushed it and went all green.

As per the 2017 catalog, the part number for orange is 219702685.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the reply.
    I have had a quart of the XPS orange coolant to top off after I had a small coolant leak last season. The owners manual was throwing me for a loop with the 2 year coolant change and the reference to green coolant. So I think I'll hold off on changing it for another season or so.

Spyder Garage

The color of coolant is irrelevant, it's just dye. You have to determine whether it's HOAT or whatever flavor to be exact. Honestly, the OEM coolant is nothing special. Just use a good quality 50/50 universal top off, like Prestone or whatever and you're okay.

Flushing and replacing is a different story.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6