Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exhaust Wrap

Spyder Garage

Ron and Doug, OK, so If I get that Cat delete pipe, can / should I wrap any, or all of the Cat Delete pipe?
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    Ron and Doug, OK, so If I get that Cat delete pipe, can / should I wrap any, or all of the Cat Delete pipe?
    Actually, I didn't wrap mine. One - it was already on and I didn't want to take it off to do a better job wrapping it and ruin another set of gaskets. But two - it's low and struck me that it would be very exposed to weather, road debris and wind, that I just thought the wrap would be damaged anyway. I just wrapped my left side header and the bit of right side I could reach. Just removing that catalytic furnace made a big difference. But if you want to, go for it. Can't hurt.

I've never taken measurements or anything like that, but I just wonder if performing your RT heat recall with the scoops added, makes header wrapping an insignificant factor anymore. And if you're standing still stuck in traffic, you're going to get hot no matter. We're straddling a 100hp motor with a radiator fan blowing hot air all over us. Wrapping won't help any of that.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

You can if you like, of course. But I wouldn't bother. The idea is to get the heat out of areas where it does damage or is not wanted. That is pretty much the engine compartment and near the fuel tank. Once you get down to the CAT area. Especially if you don't have the CAT. The benefits would be negligible in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post
    ... I've never taken measurements or anything like that, but I just wonder if performing your RT heat recall with the scoops added, makes header wrapping an insignificant factor anymore. And if you're standing still stuck in traffic, you're going to get hot no matter. We're straddling a 100hp motor with a radiator fan blowing hot air all over us. Wrapping won't help any of that.
    I think wrapping the exhaust will still give you significant reduction in engine compartment and fuel tank heat. Especially when you are sitting still. It may still be hotter than you'd like. But getting 600 degree + heat to go out the exhaust is always going to be better than having it cook your engine compartment.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HEAT WRAPPING PIPES

I did on mine , but I believe in the Scavenging effect it should produce...... All the piping from the heads back were already off..... and the wrap wasn't much costlier .............jmho ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Another wrap option

If the wrap option turns out to be too big a pain, here is another option:
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...949#post992949

Post back on your results

Jerry
    13 ST Limited F/R suspension, Corbin, GIVI top case

16 Vespa Primavera 150: Stock
    16 Piaggio BV350: Suspension, braking mods in work
    14 HD XL1200T: F/R suspension and brake mods; Corbin saddle and bags
    09 Aprilia SC250: F/R suspension and minor brake mods
    97 Honda PC800: F/R wheels, F/R suspension, and F/R brake Mods; Corbin saddle
    90 CB-1: In work, long term project
    89 Honda NT650: F/R suspension; Corbin saddle