Thread: Winter - Ride

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Winter - Ride

It hit 64 F today in my part of Vt. ........ and enough snow had melted so I could get to my drive from where I store my RT ( in my basement ) ...... Wen to see my grandson ( 3 yrs. ) who has a white RT just like mine. I painted the one from WallieWorld that I gave Him last year ...... the did some shopping ..... It was a good day .......... Mike

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I've managed to get out the past 3 days for a total of about 160 miles. had a few damage appraisals to do so I figured leave the car sit and ryde. got rain event tomorrow and snow coming Friday.

Spyder Garage

Default Winter - Ride

Mike, glad to hear you're getting out from under your snow cover. Had the bike back on ther road since 2/19; not every day but most. So good to get back in the wind.

Al
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Arrrrggghhh, how can this be, here's a shot from my street today,
    Last Day of February 2018 (Medium).jpg
    And that's AFTER 3 days above freezing!
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    Arrrrggghhh, how can this be, here's a shot from my street today,
    Last Day of February 2018 (Medium).jpg
    And that's AFTER 3 days above freezing!
    dang, that kind of stinks....
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Our snow has melted and we've been 60 for two days, but I can barely get my truck down our quicksandy dirt roads, let alone my Spyder (nearest pavement is 1.5 miles away). But I'm glad for all you folks who can ryde already!

2015 Sypder RT-S SE6
    2016 Polaris Sportsman 570 ATV
    2003 F250 SuperDuty
    American Saddlebred Horses

Spyder Garage

10 degrees above here. Recovering from another 6 inches. Now they have so much snow they cant get it plowed timely.

I am thinking about a month before I get to ride.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Awesome...!!

Out in the wind and over to the grandson's place...bet he was happy to see you arriving on the spyder... no comment on the weather from this side of the continent....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Question More Snow

The weather guessers are predicting snow for the next 3 days here in the Sierra Nevada.About a foot and a half at my elevation and upwards of 4-5 feet at the crest of the mountains. The news folks had started talking about drought conditions ( after a record breaking water year ) but all that foolishness has abruptly stopped. We had a warm couple of weeks but now it has been well ( a lot ) below average winter temps here. I'm using up pellets at a faster rate than I ever have even though I've redoubled my efforts to keep the heat in.

Next few days should be interesting as Reno will shut down if it gets 6" of snow

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Winter Ride

Well the Snow is all melted but now the Rains have caused some major problems. The temperature yesterday was 65. Rain today and high 37. Come on Spring.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    It hit 64 F today in my part of Vt. ........ and enough snow had melted so I could get to my drive from where I store my RT ( in my basement ) ...... Wen to see my grandson ( 3 yrs. ) who has a white RT just like mine. I painted the one from WallieWorld that I gave Him last year ...... the did some shopping ..... It was a good day .......... Mike
    a 3 year old riding an RT sounds a bit much???????????
    BIG F

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    a 3 year old riding an RT sounds a bit much???????????
    BIG F
    Did'ja notice it was from WallieWorld? Kiddie toy...
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up VT

I remember you from spyderfest 2016 at the econo lodge at springfield. You had removed the frunk off your bike to have the dess module replaced. Wife and I were in smugglers notch VT at the end of May last year. Beautiful state, not enough fried foods for this old southern boy.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default DEES AT SPYDERFEST

Quote Originally Posted by Tnpapa View Post
    I remember you from spyderfest 2016 at the econo lodge at springfield. You had removed the frunk off your bike to have the dess module replaced. Wife and I were in smugglers notch VT at the end of May last year. Beautiful state, not enough fried foods for this old southern boy.
    Hi back at Ya ..... and lucky for me I could easily remove the Frunk .....because if I hadn't they weren't going to replace the DESS ....total BS, but it's the truth ....... When I got home I moved my DESS module to a location just under the right headlight ..... it was easy and the OEM harness was long enough to do it .........Smugglers notch ..... That road ( known here as the " NOTCH " ) is about 15 miles north of me and regularly go up there and run it a few times ( back & forth )...... I usually wait on the side of the road to let traffic ahead get some distance from me .... I wait until I see another vehicle coming up behind me .... then I go like a Bat-out-of -Hell .......then turn around & reverse it ....... If you ever come back this way be sure to PM me .... I know most if not all the great rides in my area .........................Thanks for sharing ...... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 03-04-2018 at 10:54 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hi back at Ya ..... and lucky for me I could easily remove the Frunk .....because if I hadn't they weren't going to replace the DESS ....total BS, but it's the truth ....... When I got home I moved my DESS module to a location just under the right headlight ..... it was easy and the OEM harness was long enough to do it .........Smugglers notch ..... That road ( known here as the NOTCH ) is about 15 miles north of me and regularly go up there and rub it a few times ( back & forth )...... I usually wait on the side of the road to let traffic ahead get some distance from me .... I wait until I see another vehicle coming up behind me .... then I go like a Bat-out-of -Hell .......then turn around & reverse it ....... If you ever come back this way be sure to PM me .... I know most if not all the great rides in my area .........................Thanks for sharing ...... Mike
    Will do

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Pics?

No picture, no grandson OR his white RT.

~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Spyder Garage

Default Happy

Glad you got a ryde in and a grandson visit. Cold wind and rain here. Did take a couple short runs still good for this time of year. Sadly I got off track coming back down the drive and the sypder does not like any amount of mud. I feel for the person who said they had a mile and a half to get to pavement. Lucky I was able to push it out.

Hope you have many more opportunities. But I agree nothing like the first ryde of the year.
    Ranman42

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's a great day, when you can steal a ride from Old Man Winter's grasp...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Been nice here too.

We did have a few nice days here to get out and charge the RT's battery (and mine too).
    So I started it to warm up and found no fluid in the front brake. So I filled it and everything was OK.
    But I have to fill it every day so I guess a mouse has a hankering for the taste for brake fluid.
    Them little varmints can squeeze in the tightest places and can eat like a goat, like anything.
    I hope they let all the wiring alone.
    Chuck