Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default I need some WIND THERAPY!

Stop the media from publicizing the shooter's exploits all over the TV, newspapers, social media, etc. and making the shooter famous. This only creates "Charlie Copycat" wanting the same exposure. Enforce the laws already on the books. There are no quick solutions here, but these knee jerk responses and hurried proposals are not going to solve these problems. Start with the basics by bringing back discipline in the school systems and quit coddling these kids. Demand performance and compliance and make known the consequences of disobedience.
    Require judges to actually penalize those found guilty instead of giving them PBJ and letting them walk. Maybe it's time we stop making excuses and start making people accountable for their actions.

Okay, off my soap box now - - Go away winter - - I need some WIND THERAPY!!!
    He's on his RT She's on her F3

And the Keys to a Happy Marriage: Separate
    Bathrooms, Individual Remote TV Clickers, and
    His and Her Spyders.

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die,
    I want to go where they went." ~ ~ Will Rogers

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."
    ~ ~ Winston Churchill in his tribute to the RAF.

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining
    people who think the world owes them a living." ~ ~ John Wayne

GOS 3799

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    And the conservatives don't have a double standard??? You're responsible for yourself when it comes to eating and exercising to keep healthy and don't expect me to help pay your doctor when you're sick, but I can tell you how to treat that being that is growing inside you. Conservatives are hell bent to keep the embryo/fetus/baby alive from conception to birth, but ask them to fund programs to help ensure that child grows up healthy and educated properly, hell no.

I'm sorry, even though I do not condone abortion, except maybe in extreme health injurious situations, I do not find any provision in the Constitution or the Holy Bible that gives me the right to impose my moral standards on someone who does not share my beliefs. I can, and should, share them, but impose them, no. The challenge that most evangelical Christians avoid is to properly balance love and empathy with a standard of conduct. Imposing a standard is easy, practicing love is hard.
    Interesting isn't the ACA forcing me to pay for your doctor buy fining me for not having insurance , insurance with costs for things I don't need like maternity and birth control as well as abortion coverage all of which I'll never need as a older male

forced moral standards hmm isn't that what we are talking about when you want to tell me I can't have something to protect my loved ones with
    2 happy happy spyders

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LateLifeCrisis View Post
    Stop the media from publicizing the shooter's exploits all over the TV, newspapers, social media, etc. and making the shooter famous. This only creates "Charlie Copycat" wanting the same exposure. Enforce the laws already on the books. There are no quick solutions here, but these knee jerk responses and hurried proposals are not going to solve these problems. Start with the basics by bringing back discipline in the school systems and quit coddling these kids. Demand performance and compliance and make known the consequences of disobedience.
    Require judges to actually penalize those found guilty instead of giving them PBJ and letting them walk. Maybe it's time we stop making excuses and start making people accountable for their actions.

Okay, off my soap box now - - Go away winter - - I need some WIND THERAPY!!!
    100% agree the gun control crowd is right there fanning the flames marching these kids all over the country booking them on tv shows and not letting the ones talk that aren't going to say what the handlers want to hear
    2 happy happy spyders

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by r1100rider View Post
    there are already private colleges with teachers that are allowed to carry it works fine no attacks no postal teachers
    Well, you can do lots of stupid things and nothing bad happens for a while. For example, you can ride your Spyder without a helmet and no harm will come to you. You may even ride it without health insurance. And both decisions will look really smart, right up until until the day you get in an accident and break open your skull and get brain damage requiring hospitalization for life. Then you'll think, "Man, that was really stupid. I shoulda known." But it will be too late.

I'm sure these private schools think they're reaaaaaal smart by arming teachers, and I'm sure they'll keep thinking that way ... right up until the day an armed teacher does go postal, or maybe just decides to settle a feud with the principal one day, or accidentally shoots someone while showing off the gun, or the day the police accidentally shoot the wrong teacher when responding to an attack. Because it's inevitable that one day one or more of these things is going to happen. Then these idiots will be wondering why they ever made such a stupid policy. But hey, if arming teachers is a good idea, why stop there? Why not double down and just require EVERYBODY to wear two six-guns and a bandolier of ammunition all the time. That way we can all feel MUCH safer. What could possibly go wrong?
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

Interesting isn't the ACA forcing me to pay for your doctor buy fining me for not having insurance , insurance with costs for things I don't need like maternity and birth control as well as abortion coverage all of which I'll never need as a older male

forced moral standards hmm isn't that what we are talking about when you want to tell me I can't have something to protect my loved ones with
    Insurance is not about morality. The fine was imposed because if everybody bought insurance, the costs would go down for everyone. When you don't participate, it costs the rest of us. This is because the larger the insurable pool, the farther out the costs can be spread and thus each individual would pay less.

As for things like maternity care, you don't need it but maybe half the insurable pool does need it at some time -- and besides, maybe women shouldn't have to pay for insurance for your prostate problems, either. Oh, and you're an older male, and statistics show that older people need more medical care, yet younger people "subsidize" that care, too. Smokers? Insurance costs the same for them so that means the rest of us are subsidizing them and their higher risk of lung cancer, too. But that's okay, because insurance spreads these costs out across the entire insurable population. It's not morality. It's finances.

As for birth control, insurance pays that because it is SO MUCH cheaper than paying for maternity care and childbirth. Do you have any idea how many birth control pills you can buy for the cost of one childbirth? Ditto for vaccinations. Much cheaper than doctors to care for preventable illnesses. These two items alone save Blue Cross so much money that they've been paying for them LONG BEFORE there was *****care. Once again, it's not morality, it's finances.

Simplistic answers to complicated stuff are what's screwing up this country.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RinconRyder View Post
    No, apparently you did.
    Would you care to reconsider your statement?[/QUOTE]

I sort of doubt that you missed my previous post: I'm still really curious about what your response will be...
    If you need some help: It's #212.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Would you care to reconsider your statement?
    I sort of doubt that you missed my previous post: I'm still really curious about what your response will be...
    If you need some help: It's #212. [/QUOTE]

Bob, trying to have a reasonable discussion with RcR is like arguing with a fence post. It can't hear you, therefore can make no reasonable response.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Gee... He replied to the other posts: I hate to miss out on all of the fun!

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

I have a Liberal friend who owns a restaurant and I comply with his "no guns" sign.

I take my gun ,wallet and family elsewhere! It makes him so angry, I just laugh at him. He lost at least 30 regular customers that I know of. Business is down.

I don't patronize any of the kill for free zones.
    2021 RTL Marsala Dark Edition 4.13.2021
    Lamonster Riser
    Spyder Extras Docking station
    Zumo XT (my own Plug & Play cable)
    WrapMySpyder Carbon fiber partial kit.
    Baja Ron ultra performance sway bar and end links

2015 RTS SM6 Intense Red
    born on date 3/2015 (mine on 9/12/15)
    Sold on 4.13.2021 33k of fun.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    Well, you can do lots of stupid things and nothing bad happens for a while. For example, you can ride your Spyder without a helmet and no harm will come to you. You may even ride it without health insurance. And both decisions will look really smart, right up until until the day you get in an accident and break open your skull and get brain damage requiring hospitalization for life. Then you'll think, "Man, that was really stupid. I shoulda known." But it will be too late.

I'm sure these private schools think they're reaaaaaal smart by arming teachers, and I'm sure they'll keep thinking that way ... right up until the day an armed teacher does go postal, or maybe just decides to settle a feud with the principal one day, or accidentally shoots someone while showing off the gun, or the day the police accidentally shoot the wrong teacher when responding to an attack. Because it's inevitable that one day one or more of these things is going to happen. Then these idiots will be wondering why they ever made such a stupid policy. But hey, if arming teachers is a good idea, why stop there? Why not double down and just require EVERYBODY to wear two six-guns and a bandolier of ammunition all the time. That way we can all feel MUCH safer. What could possibly go wrong?
    most people are just wanting it to be known that there would be a possibility of armed resistance instead of the opposite "gun free inside here come on in and shoot away" the possibility of a bullet coming back would stop 90% in the first place the fact that these all seem to happen in gun free zones bears this out, most people aren't asking for mandatory 2 pistols on everyone

the hollywood and political elite that are calling for gun control and in some cases confiscations are all hiding behind walls with armed guards while they tell us we shouldn't have them
    2 happy happy spyders

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Insurance is not about morality. The fine was imposed because if everybody bought insurance, the costs would go down for everyone. When you don't participate, it costs the rest of us. This is because the larger the insurable pool, the farther out the costs can be spread and thus each individual would pay less.

As for things like maternity care, you don't need it but maybe half the insurable pool does need it at some time -- and besides, maybe women shouldn't have to pay for insurance for your prostate problems, either. Oh, and you're an older male, and statistics show that older people need more medical care, yet younger people "subsidize" that care, too. Smokers? Insurance costs the same for them so that means the rest of us are subsidizing them and their higher risk of lung cancer, too. But that's okay, because insurance spreads these costs out across the entire insurable population. It's not morality. It's finances.

As for birth control, insurance pays that because it is SO MUCH cheaper than paying for maternity care and childbirth. Do you have any idea how many birth control pills you can buy for the cost of one childbirth? Ditto for vaccinations. Much cheaper than doctors to care for preventable illnesses. These two items alone save Blue Cross so much money that they've been paying for them LONG BEFORE there was *****care. Once again, it's not morality, it's finances.

Simplistic answers to complicated stuff are what's screwing up this country.
    yes and that worked out well my insurance went from 900 month for 2 with 500 ded. To a bargain of 1400 and 7500 each ded so only 30,000 per year before I collect the first dime ,the young and poor were better off paying the fine and they still walked into the ER and got care the hospitals had to loose out on
    so much for the pool therory

the state of oregon paid 500,000 to build ACA website sign up page that never signed up 1 person

less government please
    2 happy happy spyders

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ES44AC View Post
    ...I don't patronize any of the kill for free zones.
    "Kill for free"? I LIKE it!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kep-up View Post
    It is obvious that I am not eloquent enough to make my point regarding the hypocrisy of the people who hate killing by guns but do not have a problem with killing by scalpel. Since I am unable to make a comprehensible point, I will now and forever shut up about this topic.
    Since you apparently have me on the "wrong" side of this issue I would like to explain my position as it is shared by many others as well.

I do NOT believe in abortion as a means of birth control however when circumstances apply I would favor it over bringing into the world a child that will almost certainly be abused during its almost guaranteed short life.

I do believe in abortion in cases of rape, incest or if the mother's life is at serious risk (and this would be a medical opinion and not a political one). And we need to recognize that medicine is not a perfect science and mistakes can be made. There are those who would say "it is God's will" but I don't personally buy that. There is not one shred of evidence that a higher being exists so that statement is simply an excuse which cannot be proved one way or the other.

Life on Earth is not a perfect life. I don't think animals eating other animals would have been my choice should I be a deity. Nevertheless, it is what we have and it isn't about to change so we have to make the best of what we are dealt. But we can be humane.

And, in case you think this subject is not close to me, understand that my younger brother was expected to die when he was born. Abortions were illegal in those days. He was given to my mother as a foster parent so his birth mother would not have to suffer his death (she had already lost one). But he didn't die. He is now in his late 50's and lives a full and complete life. Miracles do happen and I recognize this but he is probably one in a thousand and it took hundreds of thousands of dollars to treat his birth complications. He will be the first to tell you he is grateful people fought to correct his conditions and let him live. He will also tell you that, being a taxpayer, there are some difficult decisions we have to make considering our limited funds. He clearly has seen both sides of the argument. We should all do the same.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

there are millions of guns already out there you can buy one from the truck of a gang guy in any city so when guns are out lawed only outlaws will have guns
    Tired old BS. The reality is that if AR-15's (for example) were outlawed eventually they would become too rare or too expensive (on the black market) and it would be nearly impossible for a school-aged kid to obtain one. That is what we are trying to prevent. Would they become too rare for a crazed adult? Probably not but no solution is one-size-fits-all.

I don’t know about you but I want to have some protection when a guy is crawling into my house at 3 am if you don’t that’s your choice
    If I lived in fear of someone crawling into my house in the middle of the night I would prefer a shotgun over anything else (although the chances are if you fired off a round from any sort of handgun they would retreat very quickly). An AR-15 is not needed for home defense and if you have home defense problems you should go after the causes - just as you are asking us to do (via mental health).

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blitzkreig View Post
    LOL ... what is it a frog? A bird? A panda bear?

A fetus is a baby which is legal to kill. Just live with it ...
    A fetus is just what the name implies. Look it up if you are confused. It is a medical definition, not a political one.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The only school solution I've heard yet that makes any sense would be to change the structure so there is only one way in or out ("hardened" as Bob says) and that is through a metal detector and past ONE armed security guard who is behind a bulletproof wall, wearing a vest and with a hotline to the SWAT team. That might not stop a crazed kid with an AR-15 but it might deter him from trying. This would be an expensive solution but I wonder if it would be any more expensive than the cost of fully implementing and enforcing gun control proposals or the loss of rights of honest, law-abiding people who make up the VAST majority of gun owners.
    Your "solution" is a good one EXCEPT for its cost. Completely undoable. The cost to harden our schools would be in the many of TRILLIONS of dollars and would protect only the schools. Nightclubs, concerts and other public venues would remain unprotected.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

the only reason abortion was brought up is to show the the progressives double standard ,they are outraged by the shooting and someone should take away people's right to defend themselves, but it's ok the use millions of tax payer dollars to fund 1000's of killings a year because it's a persons choice and we have a legal shield because a court decided at so many weeks it's not a person yet , and inconvenient facts like more baby's of a certain minority are aborted each year than are born in New York City ,and the group we fund sells baby parts but o well those dam guns that keep jumping off the self and killing people lets go fix that
    Please google "selling baby parts" and click on Snopes.com for a discussion of how this topic began.

It is safe to say babies are not being dissected for research.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

there are already private colleges with teachers that are allowed to carry it works fine no attacks no postal teachers
    You forgot one critical word: 'yet'.

There are plenty of other businesses who have seen armed employees (or recent ex-employees) go "postal". It is only a matter of time before it happens in a school. And having said that I understand it actually did happen last week although no one was harmed.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Planned parenthood caught on undercover videos
    These appear to have been staged. Again, I refer you to Snopes.com for a complete discussion.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LateLifeCrisis View Post
    The "laws on the books" do not go near far enough to prevent things like school shootings. We need laws specifically addressing mass shootings and the weapons most often used in these events.

You can argue to your hearts content about lack of discipline in our school systems but the fact remains schools are in place to educate, not enforce our penal codes. The best you can ask of a school administrator is to recommend the child gets professional help for his perceived illness and if that fails, expel him or her so he/she doesn't poison the well for other students. That, in effect, is what is already being done.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

In fact, there are already insurance policies which do have optional exclusions for things like maternity, birth control and certain elective surgery procedures. Don't want to pay for the policy that automatically covers those? Simple, find a policy that doesn't.

But recognize that an insurance pool is viable only if it contains more people that do not take benefits than do. In other words, if the risk of providing certain benefits is too great the pool will collapse by paying out more in benefits than it takes in. Generally speaking, the more enrollees you have in any plan the lower the premiums for everyone.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

100% agree the gun control crowd is right there fanning the flames marching these kids all over the country booking them on tv shows and not letting the ones talk that aren't going to say what the handlers want to hear
    And if the media weren't publicizing the story you would be criticizing them for not doing so.

There is a very fine line between reporting a story and publicizing an event for personal gain.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Gee... He replied to the other posts: I hate to miss out on all of the fun!
    I made my point. It needs no further explanation.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ES44AC View Post
    I have a Liberal friend who owns a restaurant and I comply with his "no guns" sign.

I take my gun ,wallet and family elsewhere! It makes him so angry, I just laugh at him. He lost at least 30 regular customers that I know of. Business is down.

I don't patronize any of the kill for free zones.
    It must really suck to be you. Afraid of not going out in public without your firearm. You would think from your explanation you lived in Botswana or some other third world country. Wait......perhaps you are correct and NC is already a third world country. That is sure what it sounds like.

My ex-father in law lived in VA and never went for a bike ride without his handgun strapped to his handlebars. It must really suck to live in such a place. I'm sure glad I don't.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The point that you made; is that you aren't particularly truthful...