Spyder Garage

Default 09 SE5 2 brothers and juice box

So I just bought this spyder and very new to it. I see it ha the exhaust and juice box. Now what I’m wondering is this. It uses 87 octane right? With these 2 mods does it still use 87 or 93? I also know nothing of how you set it up. So I hope whoever had it before me set it up correctly

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Stridersr7 View Post
    So I just bought this spyder and very new to it. I see it ha the exhaust and juice box. Now what I’m wondering is this. It uses 87 octane right? With these 2 mods does it still use 87 or 93? I also know nothing of how you set it up. So I hope whoever had it before me set it up correctly
    I have a GS/RS with dual Two Bros and eventually put in a Juice Box to get rid of the impressive backfires. Look to see if there's a fabric air filter vs. a paper filter. Fabric filter is a K&N which lets the engine breath better. Neither bad or good, the engine can compensate.

The octane number has to do with the compression ratio of the engine. If BRP recommends a lower octane level, go for it. I prefer getting the higher one.

One more thing about the Two Bros... You have to re-pack them now and then. Two Bros has a inexpensive kit you can buy. The single pipes to be repacked more than the duals. Keep the metal mesh between the inner pipe and the wrap. Not hard to do, just needs to be done.

You know when to repack when the pipes get too loud...
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Ok. I believe it calls for 87. So I guess even with those mods then I need to stick with 87.