Spyder Garage

Default MUSHU's First Visit To The Spa(dealer)

We brought Mushu to the dealer for his first service. As well as a list of things that needed to be addressed.

1) The radio doesn't work when you want it to.
    They couldn't find anything wrong. Worked well the first day. Didn't work the second day. They will open a case with BRP.

2) Please adjust the front shocks to stiffen up the suspension. Side note, I need to find a spanner.
    They could not adjust them. The adjusters are frozen. Asked me if I wanted to ok 3-4 hours labor to do this. I said no way, it's a warranty problem. They will open a case with BRP.

3) Bad vibration from the belt. Please adjust.
    They adjusted the belt as they were already aware of the problem. Vibration is way better!

4) Please adjust the brake pedal lower.
    Pedal is not adjustable.

5) Check balance with front tires.
    Didn't find any problem.

Final tally was $320 for the service. Not bad. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Scoresheet doesn't look encouraging
    Four
    Two

Here's to hoping that they can get those "cases with BRP" settled quickly for you!

PM me... did "the other thing" work out okay yet?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

The radio is an ongoing problem with many F3 Limited's. I asked about getting BRP to ok a loaded antenna. Under warranty. They laughed. As for the shock. That's a new one on me. The tech couldn't get the adjusters to break loose. I said I wanted new shocks. We will see. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

Spyder Garage

Default Good to Hear.....

They got a few and a feeble attempt at the others. Hope they follow up on the other issues. But your back on the road and at a fair price...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    They got a few and a feeble attempt at the others. Hope they follow up on the other issues. But your back on the road and at a fair price...

Price for the service was a little less than for the RT. The shocks were a real SHOCK to them and me. First time they have seen that. Tom

Spyder Garage

Why? I have no idea. Went back and forth with dealer, BRP Customer Service. it didn't work. Every once in a while it would work for a word here and there when it felt like it. We have moved to Florida recently, and I decided to turn up the volume. It was working, on a religious channel. I tried getting other channels as we rode around for 150 plus miles that day. It worked all day. Go figure. Tom

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    The radio is an ongoing problem with many F3 Limited's. I asked about getting BRP to ok a loaded antenna. Under warranty. They laughed. As for the shock. That's a new one on me. The tech couldn't get the adjusters to break loose. I said I wanted new shocks. We will see. Tom
    How about a new tech instead?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Radio

Tango, are you getting poor reception or intermited operation? If it's poor reception, have them go through every component connection in the antenna circuit including the antenna to post interface. When I replaced my antenna to relocate it, I found Loctite at every interface in the circuit including the ground lug. It's a wonder it picked up anything! I have an 18" after market antenna and I can pickup Lakeland from Melbourne about 80 miles away clear as a bell. Oh, I have a 2016 F3 Ltd. Welcome to Florida. Hope you brought your sweaters and jacket with you. It can get cold (it's all relative) down here in the winter sometimes. BUT, you can ride year round.
    Life is attitude, be positive!

Spyder Garage

Always Young. Reception here has been very good. Not so up North. Have no idea why. I cleaned up some connections last year. Tom