Thread: LaMonster Cover

Spyder Garage

Default LaMonster Cover

I see LaMonster is selling a cover for the F3T. I have a 2016 F3T with a BRP Top Case and a F4 23" windshield. Anyone know if Lamonsters cover will fit on my bike?

Spyder Garage

Don't want to seem a smart a$$, but why not ask Lamont himself?
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post

Man down

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post

I did call Lamonster and he was not sure. He told me to ask the question on the forum!

Spyder Garage

Default I'll try to answer

You have asked the difficult question.... who's got a (light-weight/travel) cover that will fit over an F3L/F3T with top case, which also has a wide windshield? ... Rather difficult to find something.

A recent similar discussion can be found at: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ering-a-F3-LTD

Here's what I know: I own a 2017 F3L, so it has a top case. I also had changed to a 23" F4 shield. I have a BRP trailering cover, but it's bulky and too big for light overnight travel use. Besides, once I switched to the F4 shield, it would no longer fit properly over that shield. The F4 shield is simply too wide to go into the expansion pocket. I switched back to a tall boy shield because BRP's cover will accommodate either it or the short, stock windshield. I tried an UltraGard cover made for the RTL. It will go on, but the fit is sloppy and leaves a lot to be desired. Here again, the width of your F4 shield is going to be problematic. See pic below.

UltraGard does have 2 covers listed for the F3, as shown on Lamont's store page. The full cover will go over an F3, as long as there is no top case involved. So, you're out of luck there. The half cover will go over an F3 with a top case, but also looks to be rather too tight to accommodate the wider F4 shield. So, I think you're out of luck again, although I'm not totally certain on this.

It would be really great if UltraGard would create a full cover for the F3L/F3T, big enough to fit the top case AND with enough expansion to accommodate windshields slightly larger than stock BRP. The F4 shield is pretty popular with Spyder owners. Seems to me there is a market waiting to be filled. Shouldn't be all that difficult for UltraGard to combine sections of both current F3 cover options and come up with something that works.

Having said all this, there are suggestions in that other thread that give leads on other covers you might want to check. So far, I haven't found anything I really like.

Best of luck.
    20180105_150217_001.jpg20180105_150157_001.jpg
    Last edited by bushrat; 02-23-2018 at 04:36 PM.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by I-Day View Post
    I did call Lamonster and he was not sure. He told me to ask the question on the forum!
    Ah, new information so please excuse my original comment. Mea culpa.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)