Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Wheel Rider View Post
    Have you considered getting a small/low profile convertible, something like a Mazda Miata?
    Yes, I have. While it's not completely off the table, for some reason unknown to me, she does not care for rides in the convertible. My father's girlfriend has a convertible Camaro. We can drive it anytime we want, not her daily driver. I would have expected Chloe to really enjoy that. Given a choice, she would choose any other vehicle in the drive over the convertible. I am clueless why.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BSage View Post
    Yes, I have. While it's not completely off the table, for some reason unknown to me, she does not care for rides in the convertible. My father's girlfriend has a convertible Camaro. We can drive it anytime we want, not her daily driver. I would have expected Chloe to really enjoy that. Given a choice, she would choose any other vehicle in the drive over the convertible. I am clueless why.
    Check on prices for an old used Jeep in good mechanical working order. With the canvas off, it would be similar to the ATV ride.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BSage View Post
    I completely get it - she makes perfect sense to me. The convertible is a CAR. Cars are ordinary, and she is in them every day. The ATV is special, more exciting, and she does it with DAD.

My wife has a convertible as well, and it doesn't do anything for me. It's just a car where the sun gets in my eyes and the A/C doesn't work.

My gut is that the Slingshot will register as a variation on the ATV, and not a convertible. Why not take her on a test drive and see what she thinks?
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

BSage, what did you do or decide to do?
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.