Thread: Haul my F3

Spyder Garage

Default Haul my F3

Getting ready to start the trek back & forth from Western NY to the Outer Banks. Want to take my F3 with me. It's about 650 miles each way.

Anyone have suggestions on a trailer that can handle this & still leave me some retirement funds??
    2016 F3 Limited with Topcase, RT-622 trailer, Lamonster LED Headlights, Lamonster LED Fog lights, Lamonster LED Ring Lights, 25" F4 windshield, BRP Belt Tensioner, 2018 Triton GU10 trailer to haul it

Spyder Garage

Default TRAILER

I recently bought a 5.5’ x 9’ utility trailer at a dealer for under $1300. This trailer can also be bought at Lowe’s or Tractor Supply. It has a metal mesh floor. I covered the floor with 1/2 treated plywood and then bought a 2” x 6” x 12’ board cut in half to use as ramps. Total cost was under $1400.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your input. There's actually one of these at the store in my home town.......will check it out. Wish you were closer to the Outer Banks. I'd invite you to ryde.......
    2016 F3 Limited with Topcase, RT-622 trailer, Lamonster LED Headlights, Lamonster LED Fog lights, Lamonster LED Ring Lights, 25" F4 windshield, BRP Belt Tensioner, 2018 Triton GU10 trailer to haul it

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I would suggest checking craigslist for a good deal on a used one. But if you are looking new, I would like to suggest something like the 6'x12' aluminum utility trailer that Northern Tools has. It is on sale for $1899 (a little high), and I have a $50 off coupon I can mail to you. I suggest something like this because of the fact that you said that you are going to be traveling from NY to the Outer Banks of NC. The aluminum will tollerate the salty and sandy conditions without rusting. Just something to keep in mind.
    We do a day trip to the outer banks about once or twice a year. Maybe we can hook up. Check us out on triangle spyders on facebook.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shroth View Post
    Getting ready to start the trek back & forth from Western NY to the Outer Banks. Want to take my F3 with me. It's about 650 miles each way.

Anyone have suggestions on a trailer that can handle this & still leave me some retirement funds??
    I have a 5.5' X 10' trailer I got at Northern Tool a few years ago. Have logged many thousands of mile with my RT Limited with no issues. they sell for about $1,000 to $1,100. I just drop the end gate (nose does not drag driving on), drive on and strap down. I bought 2 wheel chocks - bolted to the wooden floor at WalMart. It works really well. Just an FYI
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I would suggest checking craigslist for a good deal on a used one. But if you are looking new, I would like to suggest something like the 6'x12' aluminum utility trailer that Northern Tools has. It is on sale for $1899 (a little high), and I have a $50 off coupon I can mail to you. I suggest something like this because of the fact that you said that you are going to be traveling from NY to the Outer Banks of NC. The aluminum will tollerate the salty and sandy conditions without rusting. Just something to keep in mind.
    We do a day trip to the outer banks about once or twice a year. Maybe we can hook up. Check us out on triangle spyders on facebook.
    The aluminum is a good thought. Will check this out. No Northern Tools near Buffalo so next time I come down........

BTW.......not down until August or September. Renting it out until then. Apex is a ways away.......daughter used to be in Holly Springs, now Fuquay-Varina. Nice 3.5 hour drive!!

Thanks for the help & the coupon offer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    I have a 5.5' X 10' trailer I got at Northern Tool a few years ago. Have logged many thousands of mile with my RT Limited with no issues. they sell for about $1,000 to $1,100. I just drop the end gate (nose does not drag driving on), drive on and strap down. I bought 2 wheel chocks - bolted to the wooden floor at WalMart. It works really well. Just an FYI
    BIG F
    Wishing we had a Northern Tool now!! Checking locally...yikes!!