Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Fog lights not working.

My fogs lights quit working on my 2013RTS-sm5. I was wondering if anyone had idea knows which fuse or if there is a fuse link in the circuit.
    I was also wondering where I could find a service manual for it.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I don't know if this is the case in your situation, but I discovered the fog lights on my 2014 RTL only work at night. I wonder if they're designed that way?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IrishRon View Post
    My fogs lights quit working on my 2013RTS-sm5. I was wondering if anyone had idea knows which fuse or if there is a fuse link in the circuit.
    Sounds electrical to me. Can't quote you the fuse # but there are some aboard that can and will.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by etaoin View Post
    I don't know if this is the case in your situation, but I discovered the fog lights on my 2014 RTL only work at night. I wonder if they're designed that way?
    The fog lights on my 2011 and 2014 RT's both are powered from a rocker switch on the tank panel. Far right. Pushed forward--(P down)--and they are on.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Fog lights not working.

I checked it out tonight and they didn't turn on. Thanks for the idea though.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The switch is turned on.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

May be a dumb question, but the fog light switch is on, right?

Does the horn work? If so, it's not the fuse. Check for loose relays in the fuse boxes, a bad fog light switch, or loose connection at the fog light switch. Or maybe both lights burned out at the same time, or one has been burned out and you didn't notice until the second one burned out.

Get a manual from canammanuals.com.
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 05-26-2016 at 09:48 PM.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I checked it out tonight and they didn't turn on. Thanks for the idea though.
    Motor also has to be on for the switch to work.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Motor also has to be on for the switch to work.
    That's right. They're one of the items fed through the load shedding relay.

IrishRon, do the heated grips work? If so, the load shedding relay is working. That pretty much leaves just the fog light switch and connections, or the bulbs.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Now that you say the heated hand grips they have stopped working. I will check the load shedding relay. Thank you for the idea IdahoMtnSpyder.
    Last edited by IrishRon; 05-26-2016 at 10:24 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Got my fog lights working. The shedding relay was bad. Found exact replacement that Can Am uses from a company called Mouser. $3plus change.

Spyder Garage

Got my fog lights working. The shedding relay was bad. Found exact replacement that Can Am uses from a company called Mouser. $3plus change.

And how much at a dealer?

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

Default Mouser part number?

I love this site. Just lost my fogs, came here, yup, grip heat is out too.
    Do you have a number on that relay from Mouser by chance?
    Never mind, I found it 303-1AH-C-R1 UO1 12vdc. $4.56 now, and 4.99 to economy ship. Still way cheap.
    Last edited by reverendg; 08-01-2016 at 06:34 PM.
    2012 RT-S Pure Magnesium Metallic, Web Boards in Black Line-X Closed pattern, Bajaron sway bar and links, Spyderpop's Bump Skid, GloRyder remote controlled lights, show chrome rear rack, cargo nets in the all three rear bags, more to come........

Spyder Garage

Default Replaced my rocker switch

I had a problem with the rocker switch for the fog lights. I purchased a new one, installed it, and the fog lights work perfectly now. I know it probably would be covered under warranty, but it was quick and easy install, so I just did the replacement switch when changing the plugs on my 2014 RT Limited.

No fuse ever blew....just the rocker switch would not make contact.

NOW, I have a fog light out on one side ....decided to replace with LED's.
    Last edited by Jim&Teresa; 08-01-2016 at 08:39 PM.
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by reverendg View Post
    I love this site. Just lost my fogs, came here, yup, grip heat is out too.
    Do you have a number on that relay from Mouser by chance?
    Never mind, I found it 303-1AH-C-R1 UO1 12vdc. $4.56 now, and 4.99 to economy ship. Still way cheap.
    Well, that wasn't it. Replaced relay grip heat and fog lights still out. Drat.
    2012 RT-S Pure Magnesium Metallic, Web Boards in Black Line-X Closed pattern, Bajaron sway bar and links, Spyderpop's Bump Skid, GloRyder remote controlled lights, show chrome rear rack, cargo nets in the all three rear bags, more to come........

Spyder Garage

Default Left fog llight not working

Horn works, right fog light works, heated grips work. Bulb does not look burned out. Replaced left fog light with lamonster led replacement on 2012 rts but it does not work. Any ideas? I am not mechanically inclined so I will need a lot of help. Thanks