Thread: ecu flash

Spyder Garage

Default ecu flash

Does anybody know what's the different's are between Monster FI (Steve) and ECU xtreme (Jason) ecu flash's apart from the price.???

Spyder Garage

Sent you a PM Duncan, but you can take it as read from me, that I am extremely happy with my Spyder now & as a result recommend the 'ECU Xtreme' (Jase) reflash over anything else!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Default Contact info

Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    Does anybody know what's the different's are between Monster FI (Steve) and ECU xtreme (Jason) ecu flash's apart from the price.???
    Does anyone have contact info on Jason for info on his services?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by donrokon View Post
    Does anyone have contact info on Jason for info on his services?
    He can be contacted at ECU Xtreme, which is on the Gold Coast in Aust, via email to:
    rotaxracing@gmail.com
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I have just taken my upgraded ECU for a run. It was really fast....I struggled to run along side it, so I decided to put it back in the F3.

I have to say that I am very impressed with the ECU Xtreme upgrade. I wasn’t expecting too much difference as I was just getting a Stage 1 tune (Peter Aawen has a Stage 546 supercharged turbo tune). I was quite surprised. The throttle response is now immediate and very, very smooth at all rev ranges and gears.

I used to have a particular issue with freeway on ramps where the semi auto would kick down to 3rd gear as I slowed on approach, but as soon as I opened the throttle to get up to freeway speed to merge, it would bog down, and I would have to toggle to 2nd, and with an approaching b-double, every second is crucial. Today I deliberately made sure it was in 3rd, hit the throttle, and had travelled 500 metres before the F3 touched down again....... well that may be a slight exaggeration, but suffice to say that I did not feel any need to change down to 2nd. Apparently, Jase put the Stage 2 tune in my F3, but set reasonable red line limits for me.

For me, the cost is well worth it, just for the grin it brings to my ugly mug. It is right up there with Ron’s stabiliser bar and my DayLong seat as one of the most justifiable mods I have done.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

anyone in US that can flash it with reasonable turnaround?
    6 states down 42 states to go

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ECU - FLASH

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    anyone in US that can flash it with reasonable turnaround?
    Monster Fuel Injection ( whose base is in Canada ) has two US companies that work with/for " Monster " and will be able to do the Flash for you ..... one is in Louisiana and the other might be in N.C. .... do an Advance search above ..... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Monster Fuel Injection ( whose base is in Canada ) has two US companies that work with/for " Monster " and will be able to do the Flash for you ..... one is in Louisiana and the other might be in N.C. .... do an Advance search above ..... Mike
    thank you. So the place in Louisiana would have exact same software as Monster FI in Canada?
    I am not too familiar with what goes into flashing an ecu but it sure does sound like its something better than just fuel management.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ECU - FLASH

thank you. So the place in Louisiana would have exact same software as Monster FI in Canada?
    I am not too familiar with what goes into flashing an ecu but it sure does sound like its something better than just fuel management.
    The others are " Partnered " ( so to speak ) with the people from Monster ..... prior to their work ( Monster ) there were quite few offerings that claimed to Improve Speed / acceleration etc. ....However IMHO the so-called improvements were CANCLED by BRP's computer Programing ..... However the Monster - Flash changes BRP's computer settings which I think is the only real way to deal with it ...... Good luck, the folks here who had this done RAVE about the results ....again do an Advanced Search to find the Links .................Mike ....1004 you didn't tell us that you own the V-twin ..... It's always a good idea to let everyone know what Spyder you are talking about....... " Monster " does FLASHES that motor also .... contact them and find out ....
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 06-14-2018 at 02:21 PM.

Spyder Garage

https://monsterfuelinjection.com/usa-outlet/
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Has anyone.......

Has any one ever Dyno tested an OEM 1330 for a base line reading on HP and acceleration, and then dyno'ed it again with the cat delete pipe, with and w/o the BC thunder baffle to make a valid comparison? From some conversations here the cat delete process may actually be hindering performance and only providing a louder exhaust noise.

Spyder Garage

I have a 2013 RSS that specs out to 100HP @ 7500RPM. It sounds like the Monster FI ECU upgrade should boost that to 125HP and maybe more since I have the Two Brothers exhaust system. I would be very interested in any opinions if this assumption is correct. If so, then $400 does seem like quite a bargain.

Spyder Garage

I had my 2015 RT Limited reflashed by Wick It in Louisiana, and it was worth every penny. There is no throttle lag, and the power is there from the time you twist the throttle. It makes it much nicer across the power band, and over 6,000 rpm will really get your attention.

By the way, it took a week from the time I sent my ECU to them, until I had it back and installed.
    Last edited by Devious56; 06-14-2018 at 03:31 PM.

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Devious56 View Post
    I had my 2015 RT Limited reflashed by Wick It in Louisiana, and it was worth every penny. There is no throttle lag, and the power is there from the time you twist the throttle. It makes it much nicer across the power band, and over 6,000 rpm will really get your attention.

By the way, it took a week from the time I sent my ECU to them, until I had it back and installed.
    Yeah, I couldn’t care less about data showing an extra few horses on the dyno, Devious. I personally don’t need to wave a graph around to show that I’ve got more torque than someone else. It’s all about the grin you get when you ride, and it sounds like you’ve got that....and Jase’s flash (the permanent one that can’t be overwritten by BRP at service time, by the way) has given me that grin in spades. My results are exactly the same as yours, and I love, love, love it.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red