Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    All honest thoughts are appreciated.......except those that imply that it's all in my head and I just need to get over it.

I don't know what you mean by "ribs" but mine certainly do have grooves near the center which are essentially un-broken and on a real motorcycle that can be REALLY bad. Those grooves try to follow ridges in the pavement and sometimes even cracks, no matter what you are doing with the bars.

Once you understand that a motorcycle really is steered by weight shift and leaning (initiated by counter-steer at speed) and the gyroscopic forces from the LARGE wheels and tires, you can better appreciate why "no hands" is pretty easy. NONE of those factors apply with 3 wheels.
    I might have used the rib definition incorrectly, but your description is correct and I do understand the "counter" steering of a two wheeled vehicle I.E. push-pull technique, or I have been doing it wrong for almost 47 years ( let go of the handle bars and wiggle your butt and see how fast you head for the ditch!). I was just trying to provide the OP with some possible places to look for issues. Without riding the OP's machine, it's hard to trouble shoot any type of issues. I still feel it's a "road" problem. Just say'n! Mac
    Last edited by Mad Mac; 02-23-2018 at 06:14 PM.

Spyder Garage

A few of the roads here in Nevada are 2 lane and crowned in the center. When SAFE----I can put the in the center of the road and take my hands off the bars with no drift either way. It tracks straight and true. Yes----- air pressure is the same on both tires ( to a tenth of a PSI) and it has been Squared Away ( Thanks Joe and Anne). Our roads out in the west aren't the greatest but ya have to get off the beaten track to get a bad one.

Also, NO helmet buffeting with a vented windshield

Good luck in you quest to fine peace with your .

Lew L
    Last edited by Lew L; 02-23-2018 at 11:38 PM. Reason: speeling
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fjray View Post
    I gave the 15RTL 15,000 miles and never made friends with it so re-homed it to someone else and went back to two wheels. We never got comfortable with the ride or the handling. Went through laser alignment,shock adj.,new tires on both ends, RDL seat and played with air pressure up and down the scale. I loved it in town and thought the sissy shift was the greatest thing going but as soon as I was in the twistys is handled like a truck. It's like drinking scotch as it is an acquired taste. I do like scotch but not so much the spyder. YMMV.
    I’m gong to install the Baja Ron anti sway bars within a week to see if that settles down some of the twitchiness from wind buffeting, etc..
    I’m not so sure it’s going to make a big difference on the f3t. I really don’t do the twisties in south Fl but maybe will hit them some day!