Thread: Overheated

Spyder Garage

Default Overheated

I have a 2015 F3 S with almost 5000 miles. On the way home from church Sunday it overheated. The readout scrolling across the screen and the temp going up. Thank goodness I was right in front of an auto part store and it was low on antifreeze. I bought some, filled up and was good to go. I filled it up and drove it about 120 miles with no problems. Seems odd that it would be low. There is no signs of leakage where it is parked etc. Any ideas. Does this sound like a trip to the dealer to find out why?

Spyder Garage

The coolant is going somewhere. It does not get used up or evaporate from the system.

There have been problems with the radiators developing pinhole leaks from debris in front of them by the fan. My wifes bike had to get a radiator replaced for this reason.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Just talked to my dealer and he said that he was pretty sure he knew what it was. It would take a couple of days.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DDT View Post
    Just talked to my dealer and he said that he was pretty sure he knew what it was. It would take a couple of days.
    please keep us up to date

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Spyder Garage

Default Overheated

I have a 2015 F3 S with almost 5000 miles. On the way home from church Sunday it overheated. I suspect that you have by accident purchased an agnostic spyder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

They found the problem. There is a plastic piece coming off the bottom right side of the motor that the hose going to the radiator connects to that had a hair line crack in it. When I called they sight unseen said that this was probably the problem and it was. Hope to have my bike back this weekend.