Spyder Garage

Default 2017 F3-S rear shock replacement HELP

Hey Gang !! As many of you now know, the OEM rear shock on the new F3-S is far from desirable. That being said, my plan is to swap it out with a new Fox adjustable to smooth out the ride. I plan to do the work myself and am looking for any advice on the install. I've read that by removing the seat makes accessing the top of the shock easier, however, after doing this, I'm still not able to get to the top post of the shock. Supposedly by removing the seat eliminated the need to remove all of the lower plastic to access the top post from the under side of the bike. Does anyone have experience swapping out the rear shock, and if so, any advice is certainly appreciated? Also, recommendations on shocks? My riding style is not overly aggressive, but that of just cruising and enjoying the wind in my face. Thank you in advance !!!

*Links to video or photos of the install would be awesome.

Spyder Garage

maybe it's never been done, or you would get answers

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mjrcpd View Post
    I've read that by removing the seat makes accessing the top of the shock easier, however, after doing this, I'm still not able to get to the top post of the shock. Supposedly by removing the seat eliminated the need to remove all of the lower plastic to access the top post from the under side of the bike. Does anyone have experience swapping out the rear shock, and if so, any advice is certainly appreciated? Also, recommendations on shocks? My riding style is not overly aggressive, but that of just cruising and enjoying the wind in my face. Thank you in advance !!!

*Links to video or photos of the install would be awesome.
    Got no links/phots, but you ARE going to have to pull the lower plastics. At a MINIMUM loosen them but doing it this way makes it harder to keep the socket on the upper nut/bolt. I did mine without fully removing the plastics but it was a tad harder and you WILL have to have a swivel IIRC. Not sure it saved me any time vs removing the plastics completely....

I am using the Fox Podium RC2 unit and it is an awesome shock. Fully adjustable. I ride the snot out of mine and the shock has held up perfectly. NO fading, no leaks, nuthin'....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic