Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    I could get the series 3 on, but it was really tight in a couple of spots compared to the series 2. Way too tight that it would loosen a bit......and since I was wearing the largest size (XL), I couldn’t try the “next size up”, which may have been perfect. Boy, was I pissed. There I was, having found the perfect helmet for me, and suddenly it was gone once the Series 2 wore out.

Pete.
    I have the XL as well and see they don't make an XXL........grrrrrrrrr
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Another thing to think about is the Neotec is "only" DOT rated. The Schuberth and others? are ECE rated which tests impact resistance of the chin bar. DOT doesn't!!
    Bruce A. Brown #164572
    MSF 2-wheel Instructor
    H-D Riding Academy Instructor
    S/TEP 3-wheel Instructor

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    I have the XL as well and see they don't make an XXL........grrrrrrrrr
    Make sure you try one on first, M109. Your head may be a different shape to mine and it may fit you perfectly. My brain is obviously much smaller than yours too, as I am both stupid AND dumb according to ofdave. Strangely, being insulted didn’t actually swing me around to his way of thinking

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Make sure you try one on first, M109. Your head may be a different shape to mine and it may fit you perfectly. My brain is obviously much smaller than yours too, as I am both stupid AND dumb according to ofdave. Strangely, being insulted didn’t actually swing me around to his way of thinking

Pete
    was not singling you out, stated my thoughts based on my experiences
    what an ego to think I was specifically talking about you
    It's your head and your life-you do what you feel is right for you-it's your decision, not mine.
    I really don't give a rat's rear end.
    Last edited by ofdave; 02-23-2018 at 05:40 AM.

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ofdave View Post
    was not singling you out, stated my thoughts based on my experiences
    what an ego to think I was specifically talking about you
    It's your head and your life-you do what you feel is right for you-it's your decision, not mine.
    I really don't give a rat's rear end.
    Ofdave - “As far as riding wearing a modular with it being open-that's just stupid. They are not meant to be worn that way. Do a get off and have the open front get dragged on the ground and see what happens to your neck. Just dumb.”

Have a re-read of what you wrote above. I wore a modular Shark, sometimes open, which you say is “just stupid”. I ride with a 7/8 open face, which you say is “just dumb”. That means that you are indeed including me in your “general” insults above.

I, and others, have made a call based on well researched risk assessments for particular individual situations. You are of course entitled to a differing opinion, but to call those decisions stupid and dumb just because they don’t match your own beliefs says a great deal. Ego? My goodness

Pete

Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Ofdave - “As far as riding wearing a modular with it being open-that's just stupid. They are not meant to be worn that way. Do a get off and have the open front get dragged on the ground and see what happens to your neck. Just dumb.”

Have a re-read of what you wrote above. I wore a modular Shark, sometimes open, which you say is “just stupid”. I ride with a 7/8 open face, which you say is “just dumb”. That means that you are indeed including me in your “general” insults above.

I, and others, have made a call based on well researched risk assessments for particular individual situations. You are of course entitled to a differing opinion, but to call those decisions stupid and dumb just because they don’t match your own beliefs says a great deal. Ego? My goodness

Pete

I stand by my opinion as expressed in my statement. Riding while wearing a modular with it being open is stupid.
    Your Shark (I surmise it is the Evoline Series 3 model), when open, has the front laid back against the rear of the helmet-not sticking up in the air. Worn as such it becomes an open face as is noted in the description of it on the Shark website. One only needs to see a pic of it to understand the difference between the Evoline Series 3 and a typical modular helmet which was/is the subject of my comment.

Again, wearing open face helmets, to me, is just dumb. As I mentioned, having seen the damage to a face from wearing one in a crash, it is a risk I am not willing to take. And an opinion I continue to hold.

As far as insulting, well that's your take. My comments, as you noted, are my "differing opinion".
    I am not insulted when I read "differing opinions" from mine. Good grief, if we all felt that, our entire lives would be spent being insulted. My time on this planet is too short for me to be concerned with or feel insulted by every comment made which does not align with my take on a subject. Give that a try-you'll sleep better and smile more.

Spyder Garage

I wear a Shoei Gt Air. It is very comfortable. But i also tried aon A lot of helmets before picking the one i did. You will know which one is right pretty much the second you put it on your head.

Spyder Garage

I am not insulted when I read "differing opinions" from mine. Good grief, if we all felt that, our entire lives would be spent being insulted. My time on this planet is too short for me to be concerned with or feel insulted by every comment made which does not align with my take on a subject. Give that a try-you'll sleep better and smile more.
    dave, I am NEVER insulted by someone’s differing opinion. I welcome them as they often provide more input to be considered. It’s just that I don’t believe those opinions need to include labels like “stupid” or “dumb” just because the opinion differs from your own.....unfortunately though, some people just can’t help themselves.......and it would be hard for me to laugh more and sleep better, so there’s no need to be concerned about that

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

dave, I am NEVER insulted by someone’s differing opinion. I welcome them as they often provide more input to be considered. It’s just that I don’t believe those opinions need to include labels like “stupid” or “dumb” just because the opinion differs from your own.....unfortunately though, some people just can’t help themselves.......and it would be hard for me to laugh more and sleep better, so there’s no need to be concerned about that

Pete
    if you had seen the face of the man injured wearing his half helmet, there is no doubt in my mind you would feel the same.
    when I see behavior with disregard to the potential serious negative results for that behavior, I do not consider it sane, educated, intelligent, or reasonable and express my opinion accordingly.
    Glad you sleep well, it is a treat.

Spyder Garage

if you had seen the face of the man injured wearing his half helmet, there is no doubt in my mind you would feel the same.
    when I see behavior with disregard to the potential serious negative results for that behavior, I do not consider it sane, educated, intelligent, or reasonable and express my opinion accordingly.
    Glad you sleep well, it is a treat.
    Hang in there Dave. Hopefully the penny will drop eventually .

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I completely agree that one should not disparage anyone wearing a Beanie or Novelty so called helmet.

I also strongly am aware that a Beanie or Novelty so called Helmet is not in anyway a Motorcycle Helmet.

But also a strong believer in "Live and let live".
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Default I see a few newbies here, welcome

As you can see there is always a lot of good info here. Have to admit most of the posts are about things I haven’t given thought to. I am appreciative to all those who contribute based on that their experience and look forward to what they have to say. Hope you new guys find the forum as useful as I do.
    The only drawback is it gets me itching for spring....
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by old Timer View Post
    I completely agree that one should not disparage anyone wearing a Beanie or Novelty so called helmet.

I also strongly am aware that a Beanie or Novelty so called Helmet is not in anyway a Motorcycle Helmet.

But also a strong believer in "Live and let live".
    Totally agree with your point. Each person must make their own decisions about the level of safety gear worn every time they get on board a motorcycle or .

I am a ATGATT person and always wear a helmet. I like modular and NOT full face helmets. I know I am not as safe as I could be--but that is my current "comfort" level.

I will NEVER criticize another's choice of safety gear but I do like to share experience type of advice.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 02-25-2018 at 07:05 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default finally

Yes I did it. I ordered the HJC jet in gloss black. ill continue to use my neo tech but around town ill use the HJC for the money it was a good buy. I tried on 10 different lids. There are so many that it can get a bit over whelming. glad its over. now on to my next mod. adjustable bars..and back rest for my custom seat. Guys thank you.

Spyder Garage

I swear the only reason I wear My 3/4 Helmets is to Keep the Ear buds in? I'm not gonna lay down my Spyder and as a Former Advanced Infantry Drill Sergeant my Peripheral Vision is second to None. To me the extra vision I get is More benefit than the extra protection and If someone texting runs head on into me its Not gonna make a whole lot of difference- Is It!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!