Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster NBV peg brackets

Well, went and put a dent in my credit card today. I purchased the NBV Hiway peg brackets with ISO large gripper pegs from Lamonster. Has anyone used those that are 6'1" tall or taller?? I find myself a little cramped in the standard riding position whether the wife is behind me or not. As far as my arms or my back/shoulders are concerned, I'm comfortable but my legs are the odd man out, so I feel I need to stretch them out at times. I thought about a custom seat but didn't want to take away from the wife, since she says she's comfortable, no matter how long of a ride it is. Just wondering and hoping I d/n waste my time and/or money(although I know I could return them). Mac

Spyder Garage

You didn't say whether or not you have the Comfort seat. I have the comfort heated seat. It moves the drivers position back about 2 inches. I also have the highway pegs. They are a nice addition, but you will be placing your legs wider apart, not just further forward. Picture putting your feet on the plastic panels outboard of the Can Am logo.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    You didn't say whether or not you have the Comfort seat. I have the comfort heated seat. It moves the drivers position back about 2 inches. I also have the highway pegs. They are a nice addition, but you will be placing your legs wider apart, not just further forward. Picture putting your feet on the plastic panels outboard of the Can Am logo.
    I have the stock BRP seat, as I mentioned in my post, I kept the stock seat due to the fact, I d/n want to take away any of my wife's part of the seat, hence her comfort and when I first checked into a "comfort seat", the passenger part of the seat was shorter. The NBV peg brackets mount to the frame instead of the foot boards, so my feet will be above the "splash shield" instead of outboard of them. Just trying to get some real world opinions. I guess I will mount them in spring after the snow melts and the road salt is gone and I can get some seat time and form an opinion. Thanx Mac

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mac View Post
    Well, went and put a dent in my credit card today. I purchased the NBV Hiway peg brackets with ISO large gripper pegs from Lamonster. Has anyone used those that are 6'1" tall or taller?? I find myself a little cramped in the standard riding position whether the wife is behind me or not. As far as my arms or my back/shoulders are concerned, I'm comfortable but my legs are the odd man out, so I feel I need to stretch them out at times. I thought about a custom seat but didn't want to take away from the wife, since she says she's comfortable, no matter how long of a ride it is. Just wondering and hoping I d/n waste my time and/or money(although I know I could return them). Mac
    I've got the same pegs. i'm 6'3" and they helped me stretch out a little. had my seat modified and it helped even more by moving backwards a couple inches.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by quasi View Post
    I've got the same pegs. i'm 6'3" and they helped me stretch out a little. had my seat modified and it helped even more by moving backwards a couple inches.
    Yeah, modifying the seat isn't an option due to the above mentioned post. Guess I'll just wait and see when I get them mounted and go for a warm up ride! Thanx. Mac

Spyder Garage

I'm 6'1" and I have them.............................
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    I'm 6'1" and I have them.............................
    FANTASTIC!! I really hope they work for me. I had hiway pegs on my '03 Gold Wing and they were ok but my legs rode against the fairing because it was so wide, so I think these are going to be a better fit anyway. Thanx Mac

Spyder Garage

First, if I stand tall, I just touch six feet. Second, I just installed Lamonster's NBV highway brackets and pegs and consider them worth every penny they cost. Rather than "stretching out" Ob/Gyn-style I was more interested in an alternative foot position and these do the trick nicely. I decided to give them a try, after riding my wife's RT Limited with Seal floorboards, and I'm glad I did.

If you've watched the installation video on Lamonster's web site it is a simple process although it wasn't quite as easy for me as Lamont makes it appear. No doubt he's worked on several gazillion more Spyders than I have, and my nylon push pins weren't as cooperative as his were. Still, it wasn't a long or tedious process and worth the effort, and I rate the brackets and pegs high on my comfort-farkle list.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Default Me too..

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mac View Post
    FANTASTIC!! I really hope they work for me. I had hiway pegs on my '03 Gold Wing and they were ok but my legs rode against the fairing because it was so wide, so I think these are going to be a better fit anyway. Thanx Mac
    I'm 6'5" and love them. Lets me change up knees to keep the old blood flowing!

Spyder Garage

Thanks Arion and Stevecovert for your inputs. I did watch both of Lamonster's videos and that's how I made my decision between the BBV and the NBV peg brackets. The BBV brackets, which mount to the foot boards, were in my opinion, too wide, whereas the NBV's mount to the frame and just fwd of the brake pedal and above the splash guards. I really just need an alt. foot position, since these Spyders were designed by a group of engineers that are on avg. 5'5" to 5'10" tall (a lot of Jap bikes were designed the same way!), so us taller riders feel a little cramped up. When my wife (5'8") rides the machine, she can reach the brake and her foot can "dance" all around on the foot board, me on the other hand, can not. We'll see I guess. Thanks to all again! Mac
    Last edited by Mad Mac; 02-19-2018 at 01:20 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default NBV Brackets

Hey Mad Mac just wondering if you installed your brackets? I just put mine on and was trying to get some input from other's on them. I find that they have to much flex on them when I put a little weight on them. they are installed correctly and bolted tight but where they are attached in my opinion is not a solid part of the frame. I don't want them bending to much and worry they will loosen up over time or bending out too much. would like to hear your opinion. I do find them comfortable when I put my feet up on them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Begos View Post
    Hey Mad Mac just wondering if you installed your brackets? I just put mine on and was trying to get some input from other's on them. I find that they have to much flex on them when I put a little weight on them. they are installed correctly and bolted tight but where they are attached in my opinion is not a solid part of the frame. I don't want them bending to much and worry they will loosen up over time or bending out too much. would like to hear your opinion. I do find them comfortable when I put my feet up on them.
    I have a habit of making sure things are TIGHT, my wife always makes the comment "BE CAREFULL BEEF!"(too many years working aircraft in the A.F. using big wrenches and breaker bars!), and luckily nothing has ever came loose on any M/C I have owned. I haven't put enough miles on yet to see if they will work loose, but mine seemed to be pretty tight and I don't have any worries...yet. On the flexing issue, yes mine flex but I don't plan on using them to push on, they are designed to rest your feet on and as far as my experience with them so far is, I might put more pressure on them in turns, but not so much I feel I could bend them. If so, I'm doing something wrong. I guess you could bend them in a panic situation, but if that happens, you've got worse things to worry about. Good luck! Mac

Spyder Garage

i bought the fbb's and some extra brackets. with a vise, a little creative bending,
    and ppg base-clear, you can put them anywhere you like. and they still are mucho adjustable.
    gets them outside.--irv007.JPG015.JPG001.JPG002.JPG
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    I mentioned I d/n want to take away from the comfort for my wife by modifying my original seat(trimming part of the bolster) and after spending $27k on a touring machine, I d/n want to add more$$$$$$ to it right off the bat. So for $260.00 I solved the problem and the wife is still happy which means I'm still happy and down the road we go with the least amount of money spent on a vehicle that is mainly used for recreation. I've owned numerous m/c's and been pretty satisfied with how they rode/handled. The comfort level(s) seemed to be good enough for us and I felt the Spyder would be gone about in the same manner. I did think of the "Comfort Seat" at one time. Time and miles will tell.Mac

Spyder Garage

i did put on a used comfort seat. im 6 feet tall and thick[ahem!].
    still plenty of wifey room , even w/drivers backrest-utopia.also an
    imitation sheep skin from my knee replacement.
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by irvin48 View Post
    i did put on a used comfort seat. im 6 feet tall and thick[ahem!].
    still plenty of wifey room , even w/drivers backrest-utopia.also an
    imitation sheep skin from my knee replacement.
    Yeh, I'm 6'1" and 270Lbs. when I'm dressed for action.... My wife is a great cook and I keep telling her so, and no matter how often I bit^# about it, welllll... she doesn't listen!! I think my cramped issue will be cured, we are going out for a day ride tomorrow so we'll see. Mac

Spyder Garage

Iam 6'1 260 with stock seat. I have ridden 20,000 miles with my NBV and they have proved very comfortable. I use them as soon as I am on the highway and don't need to be close to the controls. Very good for long distance.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Iam 6'1 260 with stock seat. I have ridden 20,000 miles with my NBV and they have proved very comfortable. I use them as soon as I am on the highway and don't need to be close to the controls. Very good for long distance.
    Went for a 300+ mile ride yesterday with the wife and I think the pegs/brackets have taken care of the issue. Knees still get stiff, but that's going to be a constant in my life anyway(sucks getting old with all the wear and tear!). As long as I get off the bike after 60-100miles, I'm good and I can usually go 10-10hrs. in the saddle each day. GTG as I see it right now. Mac