Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Codes

Thank You For Trying. Some times BRP Just "DON'T GET IT". REALLY, What real harm comes from LETTING the Codes BE Public? The Auto Industry SEEMS to 'GET IT'.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Thank You

Thank you for helping us. Sad that you are targeted by BRP.
    Ranman42

Spyder Garage

Default I doubt if this will do any good

Roger,

Thank you for all that you've done and continue to do for those of us who have spyders. What you have created goes beyond kindness, you do a service for us all.

Al in Kazoo
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Codes

Thank You For your efforts. Some of us cannot afford dealer labor rates. The last time I was at a dealer, they wanted $100.00 authorization to diagnose clearly what was a warranty issue.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderCodes View Post
    Being an old bastard has kept me going on this project longer than any sensible person would do.
    You might be an "old bastard" : but I'll bet that you're about the best one around!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks for putting the app out, is there a donate link you could put up at the download of the app in playstore?
    I'd certainly be willing to put up a couple bucks for your time and troubles

Spyder Garage

Default spankym (retired leo)

Thanks seems just too little to say.
    I too am an old guy and sometimes they just don't get it, we have already put up with all the bull**** we want and we now just want to do the right thing and help others.
    BTW retired my 2014 RT ltd. for a new matte black 2017 F3T- and added trunk and many other items.
    Look forward to using the app for all except needing codes.
    Thanks again, smooth riding.
    Will add new pic when i get bike shortly.

r

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My thanks to you too - we have had your app since RS days - it's great, giving owners reassurance as to what an issue may be, without getting the dealer run-around.

It is a real pity that brp cannot see that your app actually makes spyder riders happier and more supportive of the brand - all modern gizmos have hissy fits and WITH your app we know how to handle it - without your app we become dissatisfied consumers... and (coincidence?) at the mercy of dealers...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderCodes View Post
    True.
    I guess I've been wasting my time.
    You definitely have Not been wasting your time as far as I am concerned! I for one, and apparently a Lot more than just me, really do love the effort that you have put in.
    Thank You
    2020 Harley Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2017 F3-T SE6 White / BRP Backrest / Nuvi 58 LM / Polaris Spring Spacers / CALSCI 22" Shield
    2016 RTE6 , Black

Spyder Garage

Roger,

You have fought a good fight giving SPYDER CODES to the community. The number of uploads prove how valuable the app is. Nobody can take those numbers from you. Never forget that...

It's sad that BRP will not recognize you contribution to the Spyder culture.

Rest easy my friend, another project awaits...
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

So if they don't want us to know what a "code number" means why do they even allow us a way to read the code . There is a huge American made farm equipment company who paints much of their machinery green. In the back of the owners manual is pages and pages and pages of code numbers for you to look up yourself. You may not be able to correct what is causing the code but it does give you a clue to as what the problem may be and if it needs to be addressed immediately or if may be something less urgent.

Spyder Garage

I do appreciate the kind words and really that isn't the point of this thread.
    If any one cares to, contact BRP and tell them what you think.
    Or, contact your dealer and tell them.
    If you don't want to do that, then at least lay a favorable (if your inclination exists) comment on the The App Store or the Play store.
    For at least the last 8 months the only comment on the App store was "This app doesn't do anything".
    BRP reads that sort of stuff and well I know what I would think.
    Thanks all.

The Power of Logic.
    Start Thinking.

Spyder Garage

I'll try submitting an email to BRP cares,
    And as an Android user I'm heading over right now. Let's get all the appreciative SL Smartphone users over to the App or Play Store.
    Last edited by DGoebel; 02-17-2018 at 11:06 PM.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Would be interesting to find out how BRP allows an APP. I am sure it is some code that is in the APP that BRP looks at to say "yes this app can be displayed on the system". From my understanding they don't block APPs they allow them. So not just any APP can show up.

FYI Roger I use your APP on my iPhone all the time. On FB many people ask what codes are.
    While I could keep the PDF I have with the codes in hand, the APP is SO MUCH BETTER and EASIER....
    Thank you for making it.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Roger...
    Thanks for the app!
    I'm brand new to the brand, but from my reading here on SL, this was the first farkle I added, knowing it would probably be invaluable to me one day! That day has not come yet, but when it does, I hope to be better prepared as a result.
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Posted this elsewhere, but it applies just as much here, so once again:

Quote Originally Posted by gerald37 View Post
    ...... Will it help any for codes on my 2015 Spyder RT? ........

It helps with deciphering codes (& a bunch more stuff too) on any Spyder or model of Spyder up to MY 2018, and I suspect that it will still help with some codes on 2018 Spyders, but maybe not all, altho it might be a bit harder to identify/recall codes on MY 2018 & on Spyders....

BRP seems to feel seriously threatened by Rogers application, which not only serves to make our understanding of our Spyders more complete but also makes our lives as Spyder Ryders/Owners easier!! I guess that alone highlights how great the SpyderCodes app actually IS, and also further highlights how inept & fragile the engineers at BRP must be - cos if they knew they'd done their job properly, an app that lets owners see for themselves what those codes mean wouldn't be of any concern!! But instead of welcoming something that should help show owners/ryders that they have produced a great product, they've been actively making it difficult & not only discouraging him from releasing his app for earlier Spyders, but now they've taken steps to thwart him upgrading the app to help new owners of MY 2018 & up Spyders from ever enjoying the same benefits - surely that's gotta make you wonder what they are scared of us all discovering, doesn't it!! Certainly doesn't make me keen to spend any of my hard-earned $$ on upgrading to a new Spyder!

Thanks Roger for your app - it's certainly helped me and others in the past, and probably will do so in the future too!! Shame that BRP can't see how you & your app have only enhanced their product thru improving our use & understanding of Spyders & their features....
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

The great majority of the error codes apply to any year and model of Spyder.

There are some differences in the Vtwin versus the 1330 and there were a significant number of codes added when the clutch was changed. So as long as there aren't major changes in the components the App should be helpful.

As an aside the "standard" codes are also part of the app (Autos and Spyders) so if you enter a code that is not recognized by the app as a Spyder code it will attempt to find the code in another dayabase that, while might not be as specific, it should guide you to the general area.

And of course the 9999.00 Spyder equipped with the proven and reliable 3.5HP 182CC engine will have the onboard diagnostics of my 16 year old Troy-Bilt mower
    Last edited by spyderCodes; 02-19-2018 at 09:40 AM.

The Power of Logic.
    Start Thinking.

Spyder Garage

It's a very useful app I use it all the time!
    Yesterday I was putting my Spyder back together after changing the plugs and other getting ready for spring maintenance.
    started it up and had a check engine light, pulled up the code, opened up SpyderCodes, tracked down the problem, cleared the fault and no trip to the dealer for me!

Thanks for all you've done my Friend!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac