Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Centramatic Balancers

Do the Centramatic balance rs seem to work real well on the Can Am Spyders? I did use them on my last two Goldwings and they seem to help tire cupping. I just placed an order for a set for my 2015 RT with Lamont, Lamonster Garage. I have had my front tires balanced a while back and I know it sure helped. As soon as I get them I will install them on my front wheels and in a short time I will be putting a General tire on the rear and at that time I will install the Centramatic balance on the rear. When I purchase the 2015 Spyder in July it had 10,000 miles on it and now have 17,500 miles on it. The front tires I knew were out of balance and I had them balanced and after that it has always rode pretty smooth. I installed Doc's belt vibration damper which I am sure helps and I did my own laser alignment, which it is probably not perfect and now with the Centramatic balance rs should make it pretty good for touring. I do most all highway riding around 70 to 80 mile an hour. I live in Iowa so I haven't rode any since early December.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Lamonster Belt Tensioner w/ larger roller
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Garmin's GPS

Spyder Garage

I think you will be pleased with the balances on your bike. I know we are.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I like them. The OEM rear tire had about 10 lbs of balancing weights..... Well, a bunch of weights anyway. When I had the new real tire installed, there were zero weights used, only the centramatic and I see no need to ever have the tires balanced again. Smooth as can be.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

10 oz? - which is still a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    I like them. The OEM rear tire had about 10 lbs of balancing weights..... Well, a bunch of weights anyway. When I had the new real tire installed, there were zero weights used, only the centramatic and I see no need to ever have the tires balanced again. Smooth as can be.
    13 ST Limited F/R suspension, Corbin, GIVI top case

16 Vespa Primavera 150: Stock
    16 Piaggio BV350: Suspension, braking mods in work
    14 HD XL1200T: F/R suspension and brake mods; Corbin saddle and bags
    09 Aprilia SC250: F/R suspension and minor brake mods
    97 Honda PC800: F/R wheels, F/R suspension, and F/R brake Mods; Corbin saddle
    90 CB-1: In work, long term project
    89 Honda NT650: F/R suspension; Corbin saddle

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There's no doubt that a well-balanced tire/wheel combination will last longer, and ride smoother.
    . You've made a wise choice...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gerald37 View Post
    Do the Centramatic balance rs seem to work real well on the Can Am Spyders?
    IMHO, REALLY well! They were the only thing to solve the imbalance issues of the crappy Kendas on mine. I still changed the tires cuz it felt like I was driving a dump truck on them! Now with better tires and the Centramatics, it is light and nimble, smooth as silk and there are NO weights needed at all!

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WHEEL BALANCE

IMO, the front wheels ( any type ) need to balanced because even a very slight imbalance will be felt ..... However the rear tire is a different story in you are using a CAR tire ...... I only balanced one rear tire ( the other 4 were not ) ... I couldn't tell the difference from any of them ............ Kenda's have a Bad reputation for DEFECTIVE tires .. Mike

Spyder Garage

I could tell my fronts were out of balance. If I just got the centramatic's for front, and put them on, then felt rear out of balance, then I would have to buy separate front and back for more money. so I just got whole set of 3 at one time. They did improve ride. Kenda's are still on front, but should be better when I get new car tires on front's. Couldn't tell if rear was out of balance, but better to have balancing to take up any problems
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spacetiger View Post
    10 oz? - which is still a lot.
    I think Canamjhb was being a bit cynical when he wrote 10lb, referring to the need for significant weights to balance the Kendas, spacetiger.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

+7 or whatever, I too had Kenda's still on front when I switched to my PPA Wheels, no wheel weights, no balancing except for the front Centramatics from Lamonster Garage. My spyder was so much smoother. My handlebar mounted water bottle holder (Lamonster garage) barely showed any vibs when riding at any speeds below 80MPH.
    Though like Mike says, nothing on my Rear wheel/Tire, with a car tire on back. No wheel weights no balancers, smooth as silk.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020