Spyder Garage

Default Intake Air Plenum

Has anyone modified the 2015 F3's Intake Air Plenum & felt they got a power increase. I've tried the K&N air filter on other bikes & didn't feel any improvement--maybe it's better on the F3's Spyder???
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default AIR INTAKE PLENUM

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    Has anyone modified the 2015 F3's Intake Air Plenum & felt they got a power increase. I've tried the K&N air filter on other bikes & didn't feel any improvement--maybe it's better on the F3's Spyder???
    Darrell
    Not on an F-3, but on my 2014 RT I removed the ENTIRE thing ...... and put a 3in. pipe out the left side ..... go to my albums , the pic is labeled shocker-locators etc.... Power increase ??? .... It would need to be Dyno-ed to answer that ......... With the BRP computer system, I seriously doubt 99.99% of add-ons or other similar changes have any effect other than " I just paid $3,000 for improvements so it ABSOLUTELY is faster " ..... I do believe the Monster & Jason's changes are probably doing something because they are changing the COMPUTER settings ......jmho ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I gave up on getting any improvement from K&N filters that I could feel. I guess if had done a before and after dyno I might have shown an improvement. Anyway I don't use them for any kind of power or mileage increase. In fact I go with JT on the the better filtration from a paper filter and that is what I use along with his housing on my 2012.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze