Spyder Garage

Default Looking for paint.

I have a 2015 Spyder RTS color circuit yellow. Looking for paint to do a repair on the right side saddle bag. I found the paint codes on the BRP site. Took the list to both of the local paint suppliers both the PPG and BASF RM paint codes do not show a mix. Has anyone had any luck with having paint mixed. If so could you please share. I have seen Touch Up Direct has it but would prefer to have it mixed locally in case there are any color match issues. THANK YOU

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

May be a Sikkens paint code.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

bring the bike to your local paint supplier and let them match it up through their ppg book. remember to match it
    up exact it is a 3 stage pearl. a good body shop should be able to match it also.

Spyder Garage
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

I used colorrite, it was perfect!

Spyder Garage

I have checked the color rite web site.. they don't list circuit yellow. As far as using PPG i took the bike to the local paint dealer and he was unable to match it. He said he didn't have what is needed to do 3 stage paint

Spyder Garage

Also, if you're going to do it yourself, don't forget it's plastic. Plastic requires different paints and prep'ing.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Circuit Yellow is available from Touchup Direct. I have used them and the match was perfect.

https://touchupdirect.com/touch-up-p...&tud_year=2015

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default COGNAC DASH

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    Look at VHT spray paint. Someone on this site used that on my painted dashboard, it is an exact match. Deanna
    " Someone " .. .... what a joke .......... ?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    " Someone " .. .... what a joke .......... ?
    I have the VHT paint Cognac, but have not had any success finding what to use as the base coat....or do I need to use a base coat and just put two or three coats of the VHT on instead. I’ve been worried, maybe needlessly, that there would be a reaction berween the dash and the paint.
    Bruce

2014 RTS-SE6
    Tri-Axis Handlebars
    Sena BT Dongle
    Sirius Radio
    Dash bar
    Show Chrome Trunk Rack

"You know that a politician is lying if his lips are moving"

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default VHT - Cognac paint

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I have the VHT paint Cognac, but have not had any success finding what to use as the base coat....or do I need to use a base coat and just put two or three coats of the VHT on instead. I’ve been worried, maybe needlessly, that there would be a reaction berween the dash and the paint.
    I'm the person who was referred to as " Someone " above .... You are correct in thinking there may be an adverse reaction to this paint...... The VHT paint is formulated for use on metal plus it's very heat resistant and may be a factor ........ However all that can be solved by applying a PLASTIC friendly base coat of almost any color ( not black though ) ...I used white ..... this Base coat protects the plastic FROM the VHT paint ..... after you use the Cognac and you need to apply it using thin coats ( very important ) you will need to apply numerous coats of CLEAR .... without out the clear , the finish is Dull - very close to the Flat finish BRP used on the RSS models. The VHT is widely sold at Auto Parts stores ....it is called " Burnt Copper " #SP402........ I know of numerous people here who have tried this and were very happy with the color match ...... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 02-16-2018 at 11:24 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I'm the person who was referred to as " Someone " above .... You are correct in thinking there may be an adverse reaction to this paint...... The VHT paint is formulated for use on metal plus it's very heat resistant and may be a factor ........ However all that can be solved by applying a PLASTIC friendly base coat of almost any color ( not black though ) ...I used white ..... this Base coat protects the plastic FROM the VHT paint ..... after you use the Cognac and you need to apply it using thin coats ( very important ) you will need to apply numerous coats of CLEAR .... without out the clear , the finish is Dull - very close to the Flat finish BRP used on the RSS models. The VHT is widely sold at Auto Parts stores ....it is called " Burnt Copper " #SP402........ I know of numerous people here who have tried this and were very happy with the color match ...... Mike
    Thanks Mike, very much appreciated. Bruce
    Bruce

2014 RTS-SE6
    Tri-Axis Handlebars
    Sena BT Dongle
    Sirius Radio
    Dash bar
    Show Chrome Trunk Rack

"You know that a politician is lying if his lips are moving"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rcturner View Post
    Circuit Yellow is available from Touchup Direct. I have used them and the match was perfect.

https://touchupdirect.com/touch-up-p...&tud_year=2015
    I also used this paint on my 2013 Yellow STS, it was a perfect match.IMG_0352.jpgIMG_0361.jpg
    2013 STS , OEM Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I had bags and trailer painted to match my F3S , took bike to paint shop and they scanned it with a color match gun. Body shop did a spot on job of matching paint. Jim

Spyder Garage

Default Here's a chart...

http://www.uspaint.com/paints/spyder...ket-paints.aspYou have BRP code their code and the discription...

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® E
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black