Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default sweet mod..

I like it.. maybe a mod I could do..

Spyder Garage

Wow, amazing what people can do

Spyder Garage

Default very nice

nice brainstorming, looks sweet!! Have you found a mod yet to make the fuel any cheaper? lol!! Have a blast, put 'er in the wind!!

Spyder Garage

When it is full does it go up the whole neck of the mod or does it only fill to the stock set-up?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have to keep the Spyder on to watch the gauge so it doesnt fill up to the new cap...that wouldn't be good because the venting is still the original and all of that gas would overfill the charcoal canister and possibly start a fire...

I just did this mod..so I'll write it up with pics....although I'm not too happy with the ABS plastic under the tupperware, I'm going to source it out to get the filler neck made in aluminum or somekind of metal.
    Last edited by Wheelz; 07-15-2009 at 10:31 PM. Reason: corrections

Spyder Garage

I fill the tank as I normally would. I fill it to the last full bar on the gas gauge making sure that I do not overfill. I have about 3000km with this mod and the ABS is working fine.

Spyder Garage

I thought I put this up on this section, must of screwed up, I just hit 11,000 miles today on this setup, works great cost on this upgrade?? 0.0 dollars just use a sidegrinder to cut the plastic in a straight line and boom! done and done.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Spyder Garage

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    I have to keep the Spyder on to watch the gauge so it doesnt fill up to the new cap...that wouldn't be good because the venting is still the original and all of that gas would overfill the charcoal canister and possibly start a fire...

I just did this mod..so I'll write it up with pics....although I'm not too happy with the ABS plastic under the tupperware, I'm going to source it out to get the filler neck made in aluminum or somekind of metal.
    Hey Wheelz:

I have a new 2009 SE5, and being an left leg amputee, when I go to the gas station, it gets kind of tricky and uncomfortable to get down from the seat on the right side, open and lift the seat, open and close the gas tank (especially when you have to press the cap down and turn it so it seals properly).

Have you come up with an idea similar to Jumper's, that you might explain and show pictures of...?

Your input will be appreciared.

Thanks and regards, Pilo
    "Limitations only exist in the mind..."

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Left leg limitations

Pilo, If you don't have an artificial replacment for the left leg you might want to search out the gas cap extension that was done by another amp, that goes thru the seat and is filled without rasing the seat. I had the same problem, but with the artifical leg I get off/on the right side and walk around and do the fill up. Good luck. Mickc

Spyder Garage

Default AKA or BKA...?

Quote Originally Posted by mickc View Post
    Pilo, If you don't have an artificial replacment for the left leg you might want to search out the gas cap extension that was done by another amp, that goes thru the seat and is filled without rasing the seat. I had the same problem, but with the artifical leg I get off/on the right side and walk around and do the fill up. Good luck. Mickc
    Mickc:

I am an AKA (above the knee amputee), and when I am on the SE5 (probably because of the forward seating position), the edge of the socket of my old artificial leg feels uncomfortable on my left buttock and upper hip, so I ride it without the artificial leg.

When I get a new and better prosthesis I'll try it on the Spyder and then I'll decide which way to go.

If you mean the other amp mod where you lift the left-front corner of the seat..., to be honest, I like Jumper's arrangement better...

Are you an AKA or BKA? What sort of prosthesis do you use?

PM me, or e-mail me to: pilodiaz@net-uno.net

Saludos from an Argentinean in Venezuela and welcome
    "Limitations only exist in the mind..."

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper35 View Post
    Hey Wheelz, here is a pic of the fuel routing.

its a perfect job !! have you any idea how much fuel fits inside the tank now ??
    chris
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Jumper35 handbrake

Like to ask what handbrake mod did you do the one that push the foot brake or the one that there is no foot brake any more

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Very nice work Jumper35, This will help me when it comes time to adapt mine when I decide to get one. I thank all for there ideas and pics.

Spyder Garage

Default hand Brake

Now that would really mess me up with handbrake on left side bad enough
    not having one on rt side..I'm sure you had reason for installing on left side and it does look good. Don't let anyone with manual trans ride your Spyder.....

Freebob...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Great job &

Pete

Spyder Garage

Now that's neat very cool !!!
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S Pure Magnesium Metallic, with SM5 transmission, Two Brothers muffler, cup holder ,clam shell ISO grips,I pod nano and chrome handlebars. Utopia backrest,chrome foot pegs, chrome passenger floor boards,chrome shifter and brake pedal,chrome windshield bracket and chrome kewlmetal highway pegs

Harleyrick

Spyder Garage

Default pics

Anyone know how I access the pics of the Gas cap relocation that were originally part of this thread? By Jumper35

Thanks
    roller