Spyder Garage

Default Coolant tank replacment video

Need to replace the coolant tank, any good videos?

Spyder Garage

Default Not sure....

Never seen one but should not be a difficult task once you strip her down to the bare bones... will depend on the model you have ... pretty simple on the early GS,RS,RSS,ST more stuff in the way on the RT.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Never seen one but should not be a difficult task once you strip her down to the bare bones... will depend on the model you have ... pretty simple on the early GS,RS,RSS,ST more stuff in the way on the RT.
    2011, can't no more a pain than changing the plugs lol. thanks.

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

After you remove the right side panels, remove the facia around the headlights and then remove the right side headlight assembly. That will remove the interference you need to lift the tank up and out. it's got an Oetiker clamp on the bottom hose which, of course, you need to destroy in order to remove it. You can replace with a worm screw clamp if you prefer. If you are planning to drain the whole system, remember do NOT use the radiator drain plug. Remove the lower radiator hose instead. Otherwise, just clamp the hose closed on the bottom of the tank to keep from losing too much coolant.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post
    After you remove the right side panels, remove the facia around the headlights and then remove the right side headlight assembly. That will remove the interference you need to lift the tank up and out. it's got an Oetiker clamp on the bottom hose which, of course, you need to destroy in order to remove it. You can replace with a worm screw clamp if you prefer. If you are planning to drain the whole system, remember do NOT use the radiator drain plug. Remove the lower radiator hose instead. Otherwise, just clamp the hose closed on the bottom of the tank to keep from losing too much coolant.

thank you for the help

Spyder Garage

Default Coolant tank replacement

Just replaced the coolant tank on my 2016 Spyder RT Limited! It is a pretty tough job! I got a friend of mine who has a ton of experience with Can Am Spyders to actually do it, and I just helped when he needed me! Mine was under warranty, but I didn't want the inexperienced Dealer Tech's working on it! I ordered the parts and my friend completed the job! I am so thankful to have a friend with his experience! It took about 3 hours, and the total front end had to come off. Unless you have a lot of experience removing all the tufware, head lights, front trunk, etc you may want to hire it done, if you have a Spyder Tech's at a Dealership you can trust!