Spyder Garage

Default Shorty Antenna Installed

Finally got my shorty antenna installed last night. The adapter pieces in the kit wouldn't work so I made my own.ANTENNA.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2013REDRTS View Post
    Finally got my shorty antenna installed last night. The adapter pieces in the kit wouldn't work so I made my own.ANTENNA.jpg
    Where there is a will, there is a way.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I'll always find a way.

Spyder Garage

Default Shorty Antenna on RT-S

I put one on my RT-S a couple weeks ago...from Big Bike Parts. It's a "fat" 7" spiral wrapped antenna and the radio works just as well as it did with the stock antenna. I went with a short one so I could get in and out of the place I keep my trike without hitting the antenna in the doorway.
    2014 RT-S SM6 , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I replaced a short antenna on my 2014RTS-SE6. Here is a picture of mine: New Radio Antenna on 2014RTS-SE6 001.jpg New Radio Antenna on 2014RTS-SE6 002.jpg I used a 7mm deep socket to install the new antenna.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

I've done a lot of upgrades, and the shorty antenna was my biggest surprise of difficulty! I could not get that twisted off with the thread-lock! It was one of those times where you are so frustrated that you have to walk away. Then, come back to find it twists right off!
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Default Yup ! walking away works alot........

Quote Originally Posted by tehrlich View Post
    I've done a lot of upgrades, and the shorty antenna was my biggest surprise of difficulty! I could not get that twisted off with the thread-lock! It was one of those times where you are so frustrated that you have to walk away. Then, come back to find it twists right off!
    Had same trouble on mine. After much deliberation about why I was worried about destroying the original antenna on our 2014 RTL SE6 (knowing full well I would never put it back on) I cut it off as low as possible, used the 7mm deep socket I had to go buy (I found most sets don't go down to 7mm deep socket) and with a little pressure the antenna base came out. Incidently, I used the shorty replacement antenna from Walmart (RSM-900, or something like that) and all the required parts were there. No other mods, just re-assemble using a few (not all) of the supplied parts. Nice and clean look
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by teninospyder View Post
    Had same trouble on mine. After much deliberation about why I was worried about destroying the original antenna on our 2014 RTL SE6 (knowing full well I would never put it back on) I cut it off as low as possible, used the 7mm deep socket I had to go buy (I found most sets don't go down to 7mm deep socket) and with a little pressure the antenna base came out. Incidently, I used the shorty replacement antenna from Walmart (RSM-900, or something like that) and all the required parts were there. No other mods, just re-assemble using a few (not all) of the supplied parts. Nice and clean look
    I'm glad that I am not the only one that couldn't get the jelly jar open! I was ready to bang my Spyder on the counter to get it to go!
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black