Spyder Garage

Default Replacing Right Side Cargo Box

I am looking for some guidance on the best and easiest way to replace the right side cargo box. The shop manual shows the procedure for removing and disassembling the entire rear cargo module. However, trying to figure out if there is a way to pull this off without having to remove the entire rear cargo module.

Capture.GIF

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default RIGHT SIDE BOX / MODULE

Quote Originally Posted by loopd View Post
    I am looking for some guidance on the best and easiest way to replace the right side cargo box. The shop manual shows the procedure for removing and disassembling the entire rear cargo module. However, trying to figure out if there is a way to pull this off without having to remove the entire rear cargo module.

Capture.GIF
    .... I'm trying to figure out what piece you want to re-move ....What is the difference between the CARGO BOX ....and the entire rear cargo module ?? .........to me they are one and the same ....The pic you have posted just doesn't have the door on it .......... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Yes

We did it. Remove Tupperware. Remove door. Remove rear fender. Remove cargo box. Just take your time. Run into trouble, call. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

There is a video somewhere on Youtube where another ryder documented taking the rear cases off to get to the compressor. Might try looking for that. If you don't mind my asking, what needs replaced? I ask this because we broke the plastic on the hinge on our RT in 2015 and I made a kit to repair and strengthen the hinges. It worked so well ours is still in service 3 years later.....with the broken hinge. The kit is about $100 and will do both sides.

https://www.roadsterrenovations.info/misc-items

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Video

This is the video I was talking about. Take special note at the 18 minute mark on.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    .... I'm trying to figure out what piece you want to re-move ....What is the difference between the CARGO BOX ....and the entire rear cargo module ?? .........to me they are one and the same ....The pic you have posted just doesn't have the door on it .......... Mike
    The side cargo box is just the internal plastic box under the side luggage door. The rear cargo module includes the both side luggage boxes, the rear storage compartment, passenger backrest, etc...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    We did it. Remove Tupperware. Remove door. Remove rear fender. Remove cargo box. Just take your time. Run into trouble, call. Joe
    How much Tupperware needs to be removed to remove the rear fender? I know I will need to pull off the side panel to get to the cargo box. Just not sure if I need to remove the rear storage compartment to get the rear fender off.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THIS ISSUE

Quote Originally Posted by loopd View Post
    The side cargo box is just the internal plastic box under the side luggage door. The rear cargo module includes the both side luggage boxes, the rear storage compartment, passenger backrest, etc...
    When I was at the factory ( BRP ) in Valcour' for the Home Coming I saw an employee put the entire rear section on ( for an RT ) with either 6 or 8 bolts .... You will need a 16 inch +/- extension with a wobble joint to get the bolts above the tire ........ PS He didn't have a tire on at the time ........ Mike