Spyder Garage

Default Floor Boards 2008 GS SE5

I scoured the forums, I am having a hard time finding any floor boards specifically calling out "2008 GS". I'm sure many of you have now found them somewhere by now. I don't this year/model on Seal Floor Board site. Just bought one for the wife to ryde.

Thanks!
    Steve

Spyder Garage

Default YOU MEAN

you mean like these....
    SAM_0314.jpg SAM_0315.jpg
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Default You made those?

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    you mean like these....
    SAM_0314.jpg SAM_0315.jpg
    Dan P
    SPYD3R
    Didn't you make those? I'm not that mechanically inclined . Electronics / Electrical all day long for me!

Spyder Garage

Default Here's the thing....

GS 2008 was re-named the RS in 2009 and from 08 to 16 the RS has stayed the same. So all the ones stating they fit GS RS/RSS will fit....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    GS 2008 was re-named the RS in 2009 and from 08 to 16 the RS has stayed the same. So all the ones stating they fit GS RS/RSS will fit....
    This I knew not! Order floorboards I will!

Spyder Garage

Default yup

Quote Originally Posted by stevencovert View Post
    Didn't you make those? I'm not that mechanically inclined . Electronics / Electrical all day long for me!
    yup..... it was 1 of my 1st DIY projects....
    as for Chuwee's remark... i'm not sure anyone made FLOOR BORDZ for the GS/RS...
    i also made my own FOOT PEGS for my '09 RS...
    SAM_0796.jpg SAM_0700 (1).jpg
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I scoured the forums, I am having a hard time finding any floor boards specifically calling out "2008 GS". I'm sure many of you have now found them somewhere by now. I don't this year/model on Seal Floor Board site. Just bought one for the wife to ryde.

Thanks!
    Steve
    I have replied to Steve and yes, my RS SE5 Seal Floorboards will fit ALL GS/RS years. My Seal RT SE5 Floorboards will also fit all years from 2010 to the 2018's. BRP has not changed the framed. I also stock all models for quick shipment.
    Ride in comfort,
    John

Spyder Garage

Default Wife Likes them

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    I have replied to Steve and yes, my RS SE5 Seal Floorboards will fit ALL GS/RS years. My Seal RT SE5 Floorboards will also fit all years from 2010 to the 2018's. BRP has not changed the framed. I also stock all models for quick shipment.
    Ride in comfort,
    John
    This is the wife's Spyder, she wants her own! So I set her up with a 2008 GS. She hates the pegs and loves the floorboards of our new 2016 RTS. Once I pick up the bike this Friday, I'm going to mock up a board to double check position based on photos from John's SEAL Boards to be sure she likes the height. She is 5 foot nothing and her legs barely reach the ground ! The front edge of the Seal Boards curve up, I think she will like being able to stretch a bit.

So now after tricking out the RT-S, I get to start over again! Let's see, Bump Skid with LED's, Cross arm LED's, she wants a custom paint job, Two Brothers exhaust and cat-delete, fog lights, rear LED's, $, $, $ .

But I do love working on the 's !!

Steve

Spyder Garage

This is the wife's Spyder, she wants her own! So I set her up with a 2008 GS. She hates the pegs and loves the floorboards of our new 2016 RTS. Once I pick up the bike this Friday, I'm going to mock up a board to double check position based on photos from John's SEAL Boards to be sure she likes the height. She is 5 foot nothing and her legs barely reach the ground ! The front edge of the Seal Boards curve up, I think she will like being able to stretch a bit.

So now after tricking out the RT-S, I get to start over again! Let's see, Bump Skid with LED's, Cross arm LED's, she wants a custom paint job, Two Brothers exhaust and cat-delete, fog lights, rear LED's, $, $, $ .

But I do love working on the 's !!

Steve
    Your wife will have an awesome Spyder once you finish with all her farkles. Yes, the length of my Seals, and the upward bend at the front will really let her ....
    Ride in comfort,
    John

Spyder Garage

Default Ordered!

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    Ride in comfort,
    John
    Just sent the order! Can't wait to install them! Those tiny pegs on the 2008 GS are scary after having the 2016 RT-S with the factory floorboards!

Steve

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your order yesterday. They will be shipped on Monday. I'm sure your wife will love Riding in Comfort. Let us all know how they work out.
    Thanks,
    John

Spyder Garage

I'm thinking I'd like floorboards on my 08 but then again I like the pegs. Aren't pegs better for screaming around corners? I find myself leaning really hard on my pegs when cornering. I had an RT, sold it, then bought this GS and I like the sporty ride a lot better than the cushy ride of the RT.

Won't boards take away some of the fun of leaning into hard corners?
    Bill H.

Spyder Garage

Sounds and looks like Seal has once again met someone's needs.

I have had a couple sets on the RT's before floorboards became part of the package. Good products.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I find that when moving into a high speed corner, I press my whole inside corner foot (almost lifting off the seat)down on my floorboards. It gives me great control and I can corner faster (whee!). My Seals don't get in the way, they help me corner faster..
    Ride in comfort,
    John

Spyder Garage

Default floor boards

got mine from web boards and they are awesome
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Improvise, Adapt, Overcome, Semper Fi
    2020 RT
    Limited heated seats
    removable back rest & rack
    XK Glow light
    Paint with light painted panels
    (Gone but not forgotten ) 2009 RS SE5
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Default 08 GS w/ Seal Floorboards

Quote Originally Posted by bhfromme View Post
    I'm thinking I'd like floorboards on my 08 but then again I like the pegs. Aren't pegs better for screaming around corners? I find myself leaning really hard on my pegs when cornering. I had an RT, sold it, then bought this GS and I like the sporty ride a lot better than the cushy ride of the RT.

Won't boards take away some of the fun of leaning into hard corners?
    2008 GS here...
    I've found I feel more confident really standing on the Seal Floorboard because my entire foot is planted...where ever it happens to be forward or back.

On an entirely unrelated subject...I noticed you have lights in the black vents on the outside of your front trunk. Are those stock or add ons? I don't have lights there on mine and I'd like to add a pair.
    2008 Can Am Spyder GS
    Baja Ron's sway bar & links, Admore Lighting LEDV35-S-TS kit (for GIVI side cases), tall wind screen, Spyderpops foam grip covers, Air Management system mod, fender groove LED lighting, fender tip LED replacement, Seal floorboard conversion, SENA SMH-10, Spyder Sisters Spyder Pockets & sun shade, 12v plug + dual USB dash power, Custom Dynamics dual color LED daytime front runners/amber blinkers, Battery Tender JR. Pigtails, WrapMySpyder carbon fiber dash kit,
    2008 GS , Standard Seal Floorboard extension with Spyder logo cut out and teflon spacers to raise it. Yellow/Black

Spyder Garage

Default Driving lights

Quote Originally Posted by philbtv View Post
    2008 GS here...
    I've found I feel more confident really standing on the Seal Floorboard because my entire foot is planted...where ever it happens to be forward or back.

On an entirely unrelated subject...I noticed you have lights in the black vents on the outside of your front trunk. Are those stock or add ons? I don't have lights there on mine and I'd like to add a pair.
    Those are driving lights, already there when I bought the bike. You can find on EBay new or used. They really help light up the area around the front of the bike. Easy to install.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CAN-AM-SPYD...JaOp13&vxp=mtr

Steve