Thread: Will they fit

Spyder Garage

Default Will they fit

This question if for the people that have ACTUALLY tried to fit 2 RT's into a 7' X 16' ENCLOSED trailer. I am thinking that I may need to go to a 18' but don't really want to.
    I'm thinking that if I get a V nose 16' and pull the first bike in and move the back over I can back the next bike in and move the rear over to the other side. Just wondering if anyone else out there has tried this, If you haven't tried it please refrain from adding your "helpful comments" I'm looking for HARD experience. We normally ride where we want to go but I'm retiring at the end of the year and want to use the trailer as a "garage" most of the time. We will be snow-birding the winter in Texas and I pull a 42' fifth-wheel and she is planing on pulling the bikes.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We had to go to an 18' for both the RT and F3. With the bull nose it comes out to 19' 6". There is a little room. You might go shorter, but you would have to stagger them, which would make it harder to load and unload.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Get the bigger trailer: it'll give you more fighting room, while you're tying things down!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I would just park them as closely together as you can in the driveway, as you would in the trailer...then break out the tape measure and see for yourself. I would think that if you drove the first one in, and then backed the 2nd one in, with the rear tires pulled to opposite sides, it might just fit. But try the driveway trick first. Keep in mind you'll want some space for ratchet strapping things down
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Now an 8'x16' trailer is another story... the extra width allows you to get them tighter together from a front to rear perspective.

Spyder Garage

back to back, with side bags off. Pull the ass end of one to one side, back the other in and pull the ass end to the other side

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mavrik View Post
    back to back, with side bags off. Pull the ass end of one to one side, back the other in and pull the ass end to the other side
    Mavrick, Your RT has removable side bags? Can I see a picture of that please?
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Hahahah...sorry I measure my ST without bags....and rt would need the extra width or length....sorry

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    Mavrick, Your RT has removable side bags? Can I see a picture of that please?
    They can be removed...

But the process is messy, and the results are even worse!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    I would just park them as closely together as you can in the driveway, as you would in the trailer...then break out the tape measure and see for yourself. I would think that if you drove the first one in, and then backed the 2nd one in, with the rear tires pulled to opposite sides, it might just fit. But try the driveway trick first. Keep in mind you'll want some space for ratchet strapping things down
    Thanks MAZO, like I said I wanted answers from folks that have HARD experience I can get all the helpful hints I want by asking the correct question, I have layed plywood down with the correct dimensions and they will fit BUT I do NOT have the correct dimensions of the wheel wells, The reason I don't really want a wide 8' trailer is because my little Bride will be pulling it, not me, and I will need to add longer mirror extensions that I don't want to. This is something that we have thought long and hard about not just trolling for inexperienced reply's. I've had many years experience pulling and loading trailers, just haven't loaded two RTs in a cargo trailer and as my OP said was looking for someone out there who had. Again thanks for you helpful hint.
    trailer line up.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    Thanks MAZO, like I said I wanted answers from folks that have HARD experience I can get all the helpful hints I want by asking the correct question, I have layed plywood down with the correct dimensions and they will fit BUT I do NOT have the correct dimensions of the wheel wells, The reason I don't really want a wide 8' trailer is because my little Bride will be pulling it, not me, and I will need to add longer mirror extensions that I don't want to. This is something that we have thought long and hard about not just trolling for inexperienced reply's. I've had many years experience pulling and loading trailers, just haven't loaded two RTs in a cargo trailer and as my OP said was looking for someone out there who had. Again thanks for you helpful hint.
    trailer line up.jpg
    Another factor you might want to consider is backing up the trailer ramp in rainy (etc) weather. We painted our entire floor and ramp of the trailer with a good quality paint with a product called Shark Grip from Sherwin Williams paints. Keeps from slipping, but I still would not like to back either byke up in some of the situations we have found ourselves. Another thing I like is having a mobile garage to secure the bykes at events. We always have a parking space, since they can be easily rode in even in the dark, it was a no brainer to get one a little longer so we could have the bykes secure and quickly stored.
    We also use two sets of baby monitors. One sending unit and a power invertor in the trailer, the receiving unit and next sending unit in our truck with an invertor, and the receiver for the second unit in our hotel room. Not only does this secure both the truck and trailer but it doubles the distance for the signal. I set the volume so that if an attempted break in occurs it will wake me up immediately.