Spyder Garage

Default Any info on a turbo for the F3's

I have a 2015 F3's with automatic looking to find a turbo install that is a complete package that's been tested as reliable. I see a few but they all seem proto types. Any info would be appreciated
    Thank You Kindly,
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The only aftermarket turbo kit offered, was by Aerocharger. It came out about 8 years ago for the GS/RS bikes. They were working on the kit for the 998-equipped RTs, but it never made it to the marketplace. .
    But it might be worth looking them up, and seeing if they pursued this any further.
    Happy hunting!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    The only aftermarket turbo kit offered, was by Aerocharger. It came out about 8 years ago for the GS/RS bikes. They were working on the kit for the 998-equipped RTs, but it never made it to the marketplace. .
    But it might be worth looking them up, and seeing if they pursued this any further.
    Happy hunting!
    Some of those kits came here to New Zealand 2 or 3 if l remember and were fitted by a dealer just down the road from me Bat out of Hell was there name and the one fitted to a manual RS SE was out but the one fitted to the RS SE6 Semi Auto was a total disaster the clutch could handle it so they tried all sorts of modes with help of the suppliers but they ended up putting back to standard but not before several thousands of dollars spent trying to get it sorted I did see this Spyder myself just before it was removed, they did tell me that they had fitted one on an early RT but have never seen it around.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Happy hunting!

Bob---You've shaved :-) But You need to find a better Orthodontist
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Turbo is a niche market within a niche market for the

A company that comes with a reliable one that has been tested well, would probably sell a few. Enough to make a profit--not sure on that one.

Checking on Aerocharger is a good idea. There are some threads in the archives. Aerocharger is probably a good search item.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    Some of those kits came here to New Zealand 2 or 3 if l remember and were fitted by a dealer just down the road from me Bat out of Hell was there name and the one fitted to a manual RS SE was out but the one fitted to the RS SE6 Semi Auto was a total disaster the clutch could handle it so they tried all sorts of modes with help of the suppliers but they ended up putting back to standard but not before several thousands of dollars spent trying to get it sorted I did see this Spyder myself just before it was removed, they did tell me that they had fitted one on an early RT but have never seen it around.
    Docdoru had one. It took him a while to figure out how to keep the clutch alive, but he did.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black