Thread: Handle bars.

Spyder Garage

Default Handle bars.

Hi guys and Gals. its finally time to do this mod if possible. I want to raise my bars two inches straight up. I don't need to adjust them or tilt them in any direction . I have not looked under the plastic as of yet I figured I would get some info and guidance first.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HANDLE - BARS

Quote Originally Posted by MOSESS View Post
    Hi guys and Gals. its finally time to do this mod if possible. I want to raise my bars two inches straight up. I don't need to adjust them or tilt them in any direction . I have not looked under the plastic as of yet I figured I would get some info and guidance first.
    ...Question - why do think everyone here knows what kind of Spyder you have ? ? ? ...... Help us , Help you ....... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default handle bars

Mosess, I take it from your profile that you have a 2014 RSS; if so the RT bars will bolt right on and give you a more relaxed riding position and a bend @ your elbows.
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Hello

Hi guys I own a 15RT-S I also own a 1994 ImpalaSS so that's where the SS comes from. Its been crazy busy here in north jersey with building projects so I could not get back you guys sooner. Ill go back and read some of the positive posts with a solution to the problem . some of you need to relax. and chill out. thanks
    Last edited by MOSESS; 02-16-2018 at 03:13 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is something that has been looked at by a lot of folks in here...
    I think that we've actually only had ONE person figure out a way to do it...
    But I can't remember who it was!
    (Mike knows him...)
    He ended up adding the risers out at the end of the handlebar center section, and bolting the stub ends in place.
    He also had to extend a whole bunch of wiring...

Good luck, and let us know how this project proceeds!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Wow more research

Bob so some one has done it. very good. when the weather breaks ill look into removing some plastic and seeing what I can do. I was hoping some one that has done this mod would come forward...

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default RISERS FOR RT - ST

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    This is something that has been looked at by a lot of folks in here...
    I think that we've actually only had ONE person figure out a way to do it...
    But I can't remember who it was!
    (Mike knows him...)
    He ended up adding the risers out at the end of the handlebar center section, and bolting the stub ends in place.
    He also had to extend a whole bunch of wiring...

Good luck, and let us know how this project proceeds!
    .... I would have been glad to tell Him too ............ However I've been told to " CHILL OUT ", so that's what I'll do from now on..... just added another to my " IGNORE list " ............Mike

Spyder Garage

For my Goldwing there were several risers available. They were nothing more than machined wedges with different angles and extended bolts. I think I went through 3 sets before I finally found the exact right one for me. Gotta believe something similar is available for the Spyder. If not now, coming soon.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    .... I would have been glad to tell Him too ............ However I've been told to " CHILL OUT ", so that's what I'll do from now on..... just added another to my " IGNORE list " ............Mike

Mike,
    Who was it; that came up with a way to raise the bars??
    (I just can't remember... )

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bob so some one has done it. very good. when the weather breaks ill look into removing some plastic and seeing what I can do. I was hoping some one that has done this mod would come forward...
    I'm trying to find you the name of the one that did it...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I'm trying to find you the name of the one that did it...

it were me that did it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

. Thank goodness! Glad to see that you found this discussion!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I reverted back to stock configuration a while back and don't have any decent pics of the setup. however it's not a difficult mod.
    you need 2 pcs of 7/8" steel rod 4" long and a set of RSI risers of desired size. I think up to a 3" riser the wires will not need to be extended. I had 5" RSI risers and had to extend the wires and also the hydraulic clutch line as I have a SM5.

Spyder Garage

Default Thank you

Bob and quasi. thank you both for trying to find the info, this does save a lot of time. I really need to do this mod or buy the adjustable setup. Blue Knight you need to relax my friend don't take this to heart. I did not put my bike info in my first post. I have met you so if I say relax don't get bent out of shape. But if you want to ignore a member because they hurt your feelings .oh well. Mr Quasi if you find any pics or info I would really appreciate all the help you can provide. Again thank you. LOVE AND PEACE BE WITH YOU....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Amen brother😁

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

PM sent

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bob and quasi. thank you both for trying to find the info, this does save a lot of time. I really need to do this mod or buy the adjustable setup. Blue Knight you need to relax my friend don't take this to heart. I did not put my bike info in my first post. I have met you so if I say relax don't get bent out of shape. But if you want to ignore a member because they hurt your feelings .oh well. Mr Quasi if you find any pics or info I would really appreciate all the help you can provide. Again thank you. LOVE AND PEACE BE WITH YOU....
    The best of luck to you with this project!
    (Take LOTS of pictures!)