Spyder Garage

Default 2014 Spyder RT Limited for Sale in Texas 3000 Miles

I have decided to sell my White 2014 RT Limited with 3000 miles, just do not have time to use. It has always been stored inside and covered. I have a complete set of luggage that has never been used. Also, two covers (one half and the other is full cover).

There are no scratches, dents or issues. The 3000 mile service have been done and it still has a full Best Warranty till 10/16/2018.

I will add photos later but it is in brand new condition. Make me a realistic offer and I will reply.

Will consider delivering.

Spyder Garage

Are there any aftermarket "goodies" on it or is it "pure" stock?

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GloryRyders View Post
    Are there any aftermarket "goodies" on it or is it "pure" stock?

It is completely stock, no modifications. I did add the adjustable back rest.
    Last edited by wcricks; 02-13-2018 at 09:18 AM.

Spyder Garage

Pure stock, low-mileage trikes are really more desirable in many respects than totally farkled machines that are sort of idiosyncratic and do not represent a blank canvas. I am wondering what a "realistic offer" is that will warrant a reply? Are you hoping to get retail value for the trike or something above wholesale? I have found that open-ended requests for offers with the threat of no reply to potential buyers tend to go unanswered because they have no idea what the seller wants for their machine. I suspect like everyone, you have gone to KBB and NADA and looked at the price evaluations. As some ancient Asian once said, there is "There is many a slip between the cup and the lip".

Beautiful trike. Hope your strategy works out for you. I suspect informing potential buyers of your assessed ballpark price would likely speed the process. I personally hate the game of "pokerino" where we play a card turning negotiation but that is just me. Although I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn, last night, I did one year sell more new Piper aircraft than anybody in the country but what the hell do I know since I didn't stay in that darn Holiday Inn? Again, really wishing you good fortune in selling your trike.
    Last edited by Capt. Bob; 02-15-2018 at 01:10 PM.

Spyder Garage

i am very interested in your Spyder but I have no idea what a reasonable offer would be, and I don't want to insult you with a low offer. if you have a number in mind please message me. Thanks !!

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rich49 View Post
    i am very interested in your Spyder but I have no idea what a reasonable offer would be, and I don't want to insult you with a low offer. if you have a number in mind please message me. Thanks !!
    I agree, but considering no number has been given, the seller shouldn't be insulted. I would go ahead and pm him an offer. The worst that he can say is no, and give you a counter offer. If he didn't want an unreal number offered, then a price would be given.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I agree, but considering no number has been given, the seller shouldn't be insulted. I would go ahead and pm him an offer. The worst that he can say is no, and give you a counter offer. If he didn't want an unreal number offered, then a price would be given.
    Blacklightning, I hear your logic but the seller threatened to not reply to offers he believed to be unreasonable. It does not strike me as an overly friendly or cooperative approach to buying/selling a vehicle among our Spyder brethern. Most of us are thick skinned enough to not get wrapped around the axle with a lack of reply to an offer but it just does not seem like an efficient approach to commerce between an interested buyer and someone who wants to sell their machine? I hope that the seller will telegraph what a "realistic offer" is and the buyers can decide if they would like to pursue a possible purchase.

Oddly, my two trikes are my 98th and 99th "motorcycles" and when I see someone sending mixed messages in an ad, I usually do not pursue a purchase because frequently, the seller IS telegraphing that they are not particularly flexible in buyer/seller negotiations. There are really plenty of machines available for sale and the market this time of year in many parts of the country is less than robust. I have found throughout my personal buying/selling and having done it professionally that if both parties are not experiencing a win-win situation that the deals are generally kind of "sour". Most bike/trike purchases are discretionary purchases and seller's need to be cognizant of the fact that most people do not HAVE to buy pretty much anything.
    Last edited by Capt. Bob; 02-17-2018 at 01:41 AM.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Bob View Post
    Blacklightning, I hear your logic but the seller threatened to not reply to offers he believed to be unreasonable. It does not strike me as an overly friendly or cooperative approach to buying/selling a vehicle among our Spyder brethern. Most of us are thick skinned enough to not get wrapped around the axle with a lack of reply to an offer but it just does not seem like an efficient approach to commerce between an interested buyer and someone who wants to sell their machine? I hope that the seller will telegraph what a "realistic offer" is and the buyers can decide if they would like to pursue a possible purchase.

Oddly, my two trikes are my 98th and 99th "motorcycles" and when I see someone sending mixed messages in an ad, I usually do not pursue a purchase because frequently, the seller IS telegraphing that they are not particularly flexible in buyer/seller negotiations. There are really plenty of machines available for sale and the market this time of year in many parts of the country is less than robust. I have found throughout my personal buying/selling and having done it professionally that if both parties are not experiencing a win-win situation that the deals are generally kind of "sour". Most bike/trike purchases are discretionary purchases and seller's need to be cognizant of the fact that most people do not HAVE to buy pretty much anything.
    I totally agree with everything that you stated above. But at the same time, if I was serious about a possible purchase, then I would make a serious offer. But then there are people like my older brother. He has made offers, and made purchases on items that I truly thought were unrealistic.
    So, as he would say, it never hurts to ask. Lol! But I truly see your logic.
    As for number of bikes, you make me feel better now. I have been riding 11 1/2 years, and am now on bike number 14 & 15. I must say, I have gotten pretty good deals on them all, but I just found it pays to be patient when looking for a vehicle.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Well, strange way to try to sell something. Sounds more like a speculation to find out what it is worth. Anyone who buys something for more than NADA or KBB is bordering on being foolish. These numbers are based on numerous previous real sales and the low book on what the Bank would loan. High retail value would have to be something extremely rare and pristine. This probably would not qualifie.

Never buy anything site unseen! "Let the buyer be ware"

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Well, i sent him a message and will wait for a reply.

Spyder Garage

SL is a place where most are very knowledgeable about pricing. Have to agree with what has been said so far. Somewhere between trade-in and dealer price gouge is where the magic price is. There is usually about $5K gap to play with these days.

Most don't like game playing. Most are also not open to the dealer price gouge pricing either. Ads with 500 looks and no "bites" usually indicate something is not good with the asking price.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Looking for feedback on market value of my 2014 Can Am Spyder

Some of these replies to my posting are so petty. I think you a few of you are trying to impress the others with your wisdom by adding comments that really don't apply. And I am sure this posting will really bring out the "haters" who will be offended that I point out how silly they behave.

I understand KBB and NADA very well. I worked for KBB for 12 years. From experience, if you make financial purchase or sell decisions based on that information you are not getting the best advice. KBB and NADA have excellent data when it comes to autos. They get it from auctions, banks, dealerships, etc. Also, KBB is now owned by Cox who owns AutoTrader and many other auto dealer products. But they don't have this type of information for motorcycles.

Back to my question. All I wanted to know is what would you pay for a 2014 Can Am Spyder with 3000 miles in great condition? And I would expect anyone to confirm in person that the Spyder was as described before purchasing.

I am happy to sell it to anyone in this forum but I was only mainly looking for feedback so I could fairly price it on Cycle Trader, CL, etc. I am not looking for a fight with the regular members who feel that they need to comment on every posting in order to be the "king of Spyder Lovers", what an accomplishment!

Thanks to those who have reasonable questions, comments or replies to all of us who visit Sypder Lovers for enjoyment and information.

Spyder Garage

Wcricks...
    You didn't ask for feedback...you posted in the "4 Sale" section and basically said you would consider and reply to reasonable offers.
    If you are fishing for info so that you can then post on CL or CT, why not just look at current listings on those sites plus KBB and NADA and come up with a price you would either accept outright or negotiate from, and post there, or here, accordingly?
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default See what I mean!

Quote Originally Posted by Raprider View Post
    Wcricks...
    You didn't ask for feedback...you posted in the "4 Sale" section and basically said you would consider and reply to reasonable offers.
    If you are fishing for info so that you can then post on CL or CT, why not just look at current listings on those sites plus KBB and NADA and come up with a price you would either accept outright or negotiate from, and post there, or here, accordingly?
    Thanks for your advice.

Spyder Garage

I would happily take $14K for my 2014 RT-S with 28K miles on it. Yours has less miles and no farkles. Mine has a few farkles--but I do not consider them as worth anything extra. There is a comparable price you were asking for.

I also have a 2011 RT A & C with 28K miles. Same level of farkles and it goes for $11K. Been trying to sell that one since 2016.

PS: Berating the members who have tried to help you will win few favors along the way.

If your "offer" of price is in the "private sale" range you will probably do well. If you are thinking you will get max price here--you are most likely going to have no sale.

There are also some "cheap" ones on the site. I was offered $75 for a like new Corbin seat with backrest--if I paid the shipping to the lower 48. I passed on that one.

Good luck with your sale.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 02-18-2018 at 03:54 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Seller did send me a pm saying he would send pictures as I requested but he never did. Sold my bike today so I am serious about buying Spyder but this one is crossed off my list. i also asked for a price but again, no response. Will get one but I don't like playing games. And I am not bad-mouthing this person---just saying he is unresponsive.

Spyder Garage

Default Looking to purchase

Quote Originally Posted by wcricks View Post
    I have decided to sell my White 2014 RT Limited with 3000 miles, just do not have time to use. It has always been stored inside and covered. I have a complete set of luggage that has never been used. Also, two covers (one half and the other is full cover).

There are no scratches, dents or issues. The 3000 mile service have been done and it still has a full Best Warranty till 10/16/2018.

I will add photos later but it is in brand new condition. Make me a realistic offer and I will reply.

Hello
    I live in West Texas and am looking for an RT to purchase. I have seen a few on the forum sell for $12k to $14k. I would be in that price range. Can you contact me?

Spyder Garage

Default Re price

Quote Originally Posted by wcricks View Post

14000USD would be a reasonable price in my opinion

Spyder Garage

the seller has not been on forum lately, last activity 3-5-18
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

He's speculating and on a fishing expedition. Don't waste your time.

Those that posted $12-14,000 are in the ballpark. I have a 14 RTL with 14,000 miles and the is about

what it is worth. Not on a trade in though.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick