Thread: Motorcycle Apps

Spyder Garage

Default Motorcycle Apps

What apps do any of you use that are motorcycle specific that you find useful?
    2016 RT Limited - Hicklin Powersport (Des Moines, IA)

BaJaRon Swaybar, Custom Painted (Sue Hopper), Dashmount, Dongle - BRP, FOBO Tire Monitoring System, Lidlox, Magic Mirror Mounts , Safety Light Package,
    Wide-Vu Mirrors, Hopnel Saddlebag Liners, Saddlebag Nets, F$ Tall Boy Windshield (without Vent)

Odds & Ends
    Ron Bandy Motorcycle Driving Course - ronbandy.com
    1000A Battery Pack, Air Pack, Black Dymond Detailer
    2016 RT Limited , Black

Spyder Garage

Default die

SPYDER CODES... but it's in a death spiral at the moment...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    SPYDER CODES... but it's in a death spiral at the moment...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R
    Still works if you already have it correct?
    2016 RT Limited - Hicklin Powersport (Des Moines, IA)

BaJaRon Swaybar, Custom Painted (Sue Hopper), Dashmount, Dongle - BRP, FOBO Tire Monitoring System, Lidlox, Magic Mirror Mounts , Safety Light Package,
    Wide-Vu Mirrors, Hopnel Saddlebag Liners, Saddlebag Nets, F$ Tall Boy Windshield (without Vent)

Odds & Ends
    Ron Bandy Motorcycle Driving Course - ronbandy.com
    1000A Battery Pack, Air Pack, Black Dymond Detailer
    2016 RT Limited , Black

Spyder Garage

Default MyRoute-app

MyRoute-App, great routing and planning app, let's you share planned routes with others.
    And SpyderCodes still works great for my old '13RTL.
    Last edited by DGoebel; 02-17-2018 at 10:58 AM.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Default ROGER

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris View Post
    Still works if you already have it correct?
    check out Rogers post: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...f-this-will-do

Spyder Garage

Default Not to worry....

Roger said it will be there but will not be updated any longer. It is still the best app out there for a spyder and its family and most of the codes still apply to all models on the road today. The other features are also most useful but dealers come and go as do the spyders-to-the-rescue members. There you may have to confirm. It's the only app I have motorcycle related and for use with the travel I have the Followmee app so the family can know and see where I'm at if they are not with me....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Roger said it will be there but will not be updated any longer. It is still the best app out there for a spyder and its family and most of the codes still apply to all models on the road today. The other features are also most useful but dealers come and go as do the spyders-to-the-rescue members. There you may have to confirm. It's the only app I have motorcycle related and for use with the travel I have the Followmee app so the family can know and see where I'm at if they are not with me....
    Thank you for putting my dinosaur computer brain to rest. Glad I have his app!
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Codes

I just down loaded Spyder Codes on my smart phone and Note pad. Will it help any for codes on my 2015 Spyder RT? It looks interesting but will it tell anything? I sure want to thank Roger for making it available. I don't know right now if I have any codes which I will try to check. Is there anything else I should know about the down load?
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Lamonster Belt Tensioner w/ larger roller
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Garmin's GPS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gerald37 View Post
    ...... Will it help any for codes on my 2015 Spyder RT? ........

It helps with deciphering codes (& a bunch more stuff too) on any Spyder or model of Spyder up to MY 2018, and I suspect that it will still help with some codes on 2018 Spyders, but maybe not all, altho it might be a bit harder to identify/recall codes on MY 2018 & on Spyders....

BRP seems to feel seriously threatened by Rogers application, which not only serves to make our understanding of our Spyders more complete but also makes our lives as Spyder Ryders/Owners easier!! I guess that alone highlights how great the SpyderCodes app actually IS, and also further highlights how inept & fragile the engineers at BRP must be - cos if they knew they'd done their job properly, an app that lets owners see for themselves what those codes mean wouldn't be of any concern!! But instead of welcoming something that should help show owners/ryders that they have produced a great product, they've been actively making it difficult & not only discouraging him from releasing his app for earlier Spyders, but now they've taken steps to thwart him upgrading the app to help new owners of MY 2018 & up Spyders from ever enjoying the same benefits - surely that's gotta make you wonder what they are scared of us all discovering, doesn't it!! Certainly doesn't make me keen to spend any of my hard-earned $$ on upgrading to a new Spyder!

Thanks Roger for your app - it's certainly helped me and others in the past, and probably will do so in the future too!! Shame that BRP can't see how you & your app have only enhanced their product thru improving our use & understanding of Spyders & their features....
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    It helps with deciphering codes (& a bunch more stuff too) on any Spyder or model of Spyder up to MY 2018, and I suspect that it will still help with some codes on 2018 Spyders, but maybe not all, altho it might be a bit harder to identify/recall codes on MY 2018 & on Spyders....

BRP seems to feel seriously threatened by Rogers application, which not only serves to make our understanding of our Spyders more complete but also makes our lives as Spyder Ryders/Owners easier!! I guess that alone highlights how great the SpyderCodes app actually IS, and also further highlights how inept & fragile the engineers at BRP must be - cos if they knew they'd done their job properly, an app that lets owners see for themselves what those codes mean wouldn't be of any concern!! But instead of welcoming something that should help show owners/ryders that they have produced a great product, they've been actively making it difficult & not only discouraging him from releasing his app for earlier Spyders, but now they've taken steps to thwart him upgrading the app to help new owners of MY 2018 & up Spyders from ever enjoying the same benefits - surely that's gotta make you wonder what they are scared of us all discovering, doesn't it!! Certainly doesn't make me keen to spend any of my hard-earned $$ on upgrading to a new Spyder!

Thanks Roger for your app - it's certainly helped me and others in the past, and probably will do so in the future too!! Shame that BRP can't see how you & your app have only enhanced their product thru improving our use & understanding of Spyders & their features....
    ABSOLUTLY AGREE WITH THE ABOVE STATEMENT! Could not been said any plainer. I have to admit that I do not have the app. , but I think I will purchase it just because. My experience with local dealers that service this machine has been less than stellar and I feel when I have taken ours in that, the techs all gather around and place their hands under their chins and say "hmmmm". So I hope it gets better or I hope I don't need to ever pull in to a BRP dealer as long as we own this machine. I'll just hope all it ever needs is tires, oil & filters and basic maint. which I can do. Deep down I really hope it gets better, for all of us, way too much money to invest to not have facilities that can maintain/service the product they sell. OK, I'm done now! Mac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have been riding motorcycles for over 62 years. I have always did all my own service work. I have hardly ever taken any motorcycle I have owned back to a dealer. I don't like anyone working on my bike. I have owned about 40 motorcycles in my life time. If I would have checked out all the facts about the Can Am Spyder I know I would have never purchased one. I am sure glad now that I had not done that, because I have never had any motorcycle that I liked any better than this Can Am Spyder. With my age and health issues I felt like I better go to three wheels. I am still looking strongly at a new BMW 1600 Bagger but I know its more bike than I should think of owning. This is the first used motorcycle I ever purchase other than my first motorcycle which was a 1949 Harley Davidson in 1955. The reason I purchased this used Spyder was because I did not know if I would like one. I was riding a 2015 Honda F6B and a Honda dealer had this Spyder with 10,000 miles and looked like new and being a Honda dealer he gave me a good price for my F6B. After getting this Spyder and everyone saying all the service has to be with a Can Am dealer. And in our area there is no dealer I would want to take my Spyder to. To do my first oil change I went to a dealer and the person at the counter come out and looked at my Spyder and I told him I wanted everything I needed to change the oil and filter. He gave me a oil change kit and said everything was in it I needed. I went home which was over 60 miles one way. I had watch videos how to remove the plastic and do the oil change. I put it in my shop on ramps and drained the oil removed the plastic everything when fine until I open the kit. Looking at the filter I knew it would not work and also there was another small filter with it. I called the dealer and they said I had a kit for a 900 engine. So the net day I had to make a 120 mile round trip back to the dealer. I sure would not leave my bike with them. They are a complete Can Am dealer with everything from 4 wheels to water craft. I don't think they know a lot about the Spyders. They don't sell many. I have learned a lot about the Spyder's from videos on You Tube and have added drivers floorboards, driver backrest, Sena Bluetooth w/Dave's cable, Doc's belt tension er, Doran tire monitor, and from the Lamonster Garage handle bar cuff for phone, Magic mirrors, and have on an order for the Centramatic balance rs. I will be putting car tires on it this spring. I just love to ride the Spyder and know if my health stays good I will probably purchase a new RT Limited this next year. I put 7600 miles on this Spyder the first 4 months I had it. As soon as our snow it gone and the roads get washed off I will be riding. I have heated gear so I will ride if it is just cold but I won't take it out until the roads get washed off a little.
    Last edited by gerald37; 02-18-2018 at 11:46 PM.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Lamonster Belt Tensioner w/ larger roller
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Garmin's GPS

Spyder Garage

I use Rever to plan routes. It still needs to implement turn-by-turn directions for planned routes, but it is the best app I have found for planning, and for $7 a month or so you can plan using the Butler Maps (these are great rides).

I've done many rides where I otherwise knew nothing about the area and have had great routes.

I always suggest getting comfortable with it on routes you know, and then using it to explore.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

I want a motorcycle app that will let me choose different windows or tile the windows of existing apps. So far I haven't found anything like this for Android or IOS/Apple.

I want to display:
    1. A mapping program such as WAZE or perhaps a more motorcycle friendly mapping/routing app.
    2. Color weather radar such as the MyRadar app.
    3. Time and Local temperature where I am, with the temperature updated every 5 or 10 minutes.
    4. What else?

The map would be the largest displayed, with the radar and other windows selectable to make large by just touching, touch them again and they go back to being smaller. The time and temperature would stay in a small window at the bottom.

Anyone know of an app like this? If not, want to make one???
    Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller